Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has an Original Equipment E4, 5 or 6 Airbox going spare from an induction upgrade etc. and want to sell or donate (well I can but ask ;)) then please drop me an email. I'm in no rush so can collect at the Supercar Rallyday to save delivery charges/collection etc.

Cheers,

Colin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Colin,
I've got one but it's in about 5 different bits after having a little trouble removing it to fit my induction kit but I assume you're after a complete one?? http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tonguewink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >[img]http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tonguewink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Andy,
I need the two sides of the box that go around the filter (not damaged so it still seals properly). The pipework into it is not that important as it will be ditched anyway for my own. Have you been at it with an irish screwdriver then? :D
Please let me know what you have got and the condition.
Cheers,

Colin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Colin,
I've got the side that the snorkel attaches too in complete working order and good condition and I've also got the snorkel as well.
It's the side that has those 4 bloody ridiculous nuts secured with little plastic tabs that attach to the airflow meter that is in bits. I got fed up trying to get the little buggers out and ended up taking a rather large hacksaw to it ;)

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aha, the dreaded nuts, what a superb design.....glad to hear I wasn't the only one to have problems with these little b4stards...:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a knack to removing them apparently but don't ask me what it is as I haven't dared touch mine yet (heard the stories before you see ;))
Actually I could probably get away with just the intake side of the box as it should only be that side that needs any major modding. Do you want it? I am sure I can find some coppers down the back of the sofa to put towards it :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Should be able to dig it out for you Colin,
What's the plan with it then or is it top secret ;)
You're going to drill holes in the airbox like most of the Corsa boys do aren't you?????
Or is it going to be the full bellmouth home made drainpipe intake system. Get that heat gun ready.....

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i would have gave u mines mate but the problem is if i have to sell the car in the future the buyer might want it otherwise i would have just given it to u

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andy,
Second option, heat gun on standby ;)
I may also need pipework to relocate the airbox (not sure on this though, may get away with not having to), basically like the HKS RSK pipework but without the filter. I am sure this is available fairly cheaply as it's only a bit of alloy tube and silicon pipes, the only special bit would be the connection for the OE dump valve. Anyone know where you can get this at a reasonable price?

Moses,
Thanks for the offer :D. You are right about keeping the original airbox for when you sell the car, that's why I am after a second one, I don't want to cut up my original one!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Colin,
What's the best way to get this to you then?
I'm going to be down in London next weekend if that's any help at all. Probably not but you never know!!!!
Failing that, I can post it down to you if you send me an E-mail with your address on.
And the next obvious question is what have you got to swap it for ;););) Let me think of something......
Hmmmmmm....... what do we require. PE remap, sports ECU or perhaps a pint when/if we actually ever meet up. Take your pick.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Andy,
I was going to say we could meet up at the Rally Supercar day but you have another more pressing engagement (congratulations btw) ;).
I will drop you a mail.
Cheers,

Colin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Colin,
Thanks for the congrats. Bloody typical day to pick though eh ;) and it's a bit too late to change it all now....
I'll keep my eyes open for your mail and I'm sure we can sort something out.

BTW, my ductwork at the moment is a highly tuned, high performance, fullly flow tested piece of B and amp;Q vent ducting that cost £5ish..........

Actually, forget the highly tuned, high performance, fully flow tested part of that last sentence http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/laugh1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >
I just put it in, noticed the drop in intake temps and left it there :D

Andy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts