Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a GSR X today in black I fancied a change of colour (I’ve never owned a black motor before) Part Ex my VIII.

I just hope I don’t get as much trouble with this as I have had with the VIII having had to spend 3k on parts last year for engine rebuild just out of warranty.

I have totalled up inc servicing and parts close up to 9k in 4years just to keep it going.

Is paying for supagard worth the money? I have been asked if I want it, but I have not decided.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I had it on a beemer about 5 years ago and it was pretty good because Im a lazy git who cant be bothered to clean his car every week/month/year! However dont let them charge you the 300 odd quid they sometimes ask. You can get the kit for under 50 notes off ebay. I think Im gonna give it a miss on the X and actually try to clean and wax it regularly.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
supaguard costs 30 quid mate plus fitting. so offer them 100 quid, i bet they take it. Amazing stuff if i'm honest. I did my tommi in it as soon as i got it and it made a massive difference. But mine was free. lol

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Mitsubishi dealer as offered to do it for £250.. A lot a tins of polish is that!!
Like I said you can get the kit yourself for under 50. Depends whether you are likely to wax your car yourself in which case Id guess supaguard is gonna be a waste of cash.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I took the service package, not decided on the Gap insurance, Im not too fussed but he said you can do it monthly at 0% so it only worked out about £12 a month I think. Will decide when i get the car.

·
Registered
535 Posts
My wife had it on her new Beemer when she bought it (black incidentally).

I usually clean and polish both of ours cars and I honestly could not see any advantage.

IMHO - save your money for some Drum and Bass CDs to play in the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts