Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,486 Posts
mike_turbo said:
what about esso super, you wouldnt use that?
Mike,

I mostly put Esso SUL 97 Ron as it's convenient around our way. To be honest I can't tell any difference using Esso 97 RON or Shell 98 Ron.

When I went to Owen Devs last week there was a Shell Garage within a few miles of the place, but didn't bother putting this in for my dyno run, as it's not exactly going to give me another 50bhp and 50lbft of torque !! Plus as long as I don't have detonation , I'm happy :)

·
Premium Member
3,641 Posts
Does anyone know?

I stay in the Highlands and, being 10 years behind everybody else, we dont have optimax up here(not where I live,anyway) and the only super they have is Q8.They have 98 ron written on the pump,but I wasnt aware that anyone but Shell did 98.I am in the process of getting the car tuned and am a bit worried that the fuel I will be putting in wont be 98 ron.Does anybody know if they actually do 98 ron fuel? I asked the pump attendant,but by the vacant expression on her face,I would have been as well asking the pump itself :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
LGEVO said:
Nope not a chance, Optimax all the way, id be gutted if they stopped selling it!!!! My car would become an ornament :crackup:

NOT!!!!!!!!

Lisa
rjbookes said:
always heard optimax is the better....plus it is closer to me house too
Maybe you should read up a bit on Optimax before making statements like that ;) :D

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
C#
I've got a thread on there that's been going on with the 'Expert' for over a year now and they still can't answer any questions. It's here

All I wanted to know was

1) Why don't they market it as SUL if they say it meets the British Standard?

2) How many different cars did they test it on?

3) Can they tell me how, if my car isn't already detting, Optimax will actually improve my cars performance.

When they first started that website they had all sorts of claims of 5% increases in acceleration etc... but they have had a ruling by Advertising standards that they ain't allowed to say that anymore because they didn't have sufficient evidence to back up the claims......

Andy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts