Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now used Optimax for the last three tank fulls and can confirm that there is a positive impact on performance. The engine seems to pull more eagerly than before - don't know what was in it originally as it came with a full tank of petrol from the dealer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've been using Nothing but Optimax since it was released, I must say I can't tell bugger all difference, I'll try an experiment today and fill it up with Esso SUL and see if I can notice anything

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To see any diffrerence stick 95 ron back in you'll be suprised and will appreciate higher octane .
My car runs best on Avgas ,but only off road :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really don't know how the hell you tell the difference with ever so slightly higher fuel garde in your tank. Hell, my EVO feels different every time I get in it ! Some days it feels super fast to me and others it feels dog slow even redlining it.... all psychological...... depending on how tired I am, what I have driven beforehand, sort of road Im on, air temperature etc.. etc...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank god you said that, sometimes in the cold the bloody thing is shite, kangarooring and all sorts, then other days you have to hold it back.

i thought it was me being a cack

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lee..............

Guess I'm a pretty temperamental driver but same goes with everybody to some degree. SOmetimes I steer the thing as accurately as if I were driving on 2 threads of cotton (and it feels FU**king AMAZING) and then other times the car feels like a total sloppy bag of spanners and I wanna put it in Autotrader that night. Tis all the mind - I let 2 mates drive my EVO the other week and they couldn't believe it, reckoned the boost felt like a goddam rocketship - only let them drive it so that they could tell me/remind that it was indeed a fast car :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Richard,

I guess you drive your car most days?
I drive mine when I feel the need for speed having driven my dreary van for a couple of days .Took the car into work today ,kept it easy then opened it up full throttle ,I still get an almighty buzz even after 31/2 years of owning it.Why can't I commit to buying a an E5? guess because I'm still thrilled with the 4.
I must drive another car one day as I havn't tried out any other Evo .aaahhhhh !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shorty,,,,

driving a normal car and then getting into something quick is fantastic - really puts everthing into persepctive.

Just 1 day in my sister-in-laws crappy Citreon AX diesel which is probably teh worst car I ever drove then when I get back in teh EVO it feels more solid than a cheiften tank, more planted than a rollercoaster and accelerates like the Millenium Falcon on Hyperwarp. Swapping between teh 340 and the EVO is also very very interesting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts