Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My name is Andrew McGregor and I live in New Zealand, I am looking at importing either a 1996/7 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4 GSR or a 1998 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 5 GSR.
I was wondering if any of you have modified any of these vehicles? If so what sort of problems did you come across when modifying them? Are there any things that should be fixed or solved before modifying these cars?
Should I buy an Evo 5 GSR or should I buy the cheaper Evo 4 GSR and spend the extra money on the car?
Also what car has the most potential and value for money?
I am wanting the car a fast reliable road car that will be used as a daily driver. It will only see the strip about 3-4 times a year.
What is your opinion on this matter?
Please help!

Yours Faithfully
Andrew.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Andrew.

The 5 is the best looking Evo in my oppinion,but I own a 4 which in standard or slightly moddified is as quick as an equally modded 5.
The 5 has had more mods to the suspension and has more perameters to adjust geometry settings . A few upgrade internals to the engine.bigger/ better brakes,Just refinements really to body work.
One of the quickest Evos in this country in a straight line is an E4 with loads of mods.
Best really is to drive the cars back to back .
If you plan to want to make the car quicker ,better handling then buy a 4 and save the money for add ons.
But for looks the 5 is more menacing and comes in bright yellow.
Good set of brakes £1500 GBP for the 4 ,AP brakes will do a set for a 4 with out buying a new set of wheels as the E5 runs 17 wheels and not 16 as the E4.
If I were to buy an Evo again now ,A 5 it would be ,but with the bolt ons already on it.As bolt ons are personal and of no significant after market value.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So no-one has an opinion about this then?
Please share your knowledge all as this would help me make an easier decission.

Thanks
Andrew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts