Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,631 Posts
Mate,it looks like you're going to have to learn some restraint :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Its so easy to get carried away, when you start!
The drop ins will take far less time and you wont have to go through all the hassle of running it in,the various oil changes and re mapping to suit (run in map and final map), but with the built engine you know everything is new and it possibly gives you scope for more power, depending on what parts are used.
There are a lot more costs for the built engine, too.
Would i put drop ins in any of mine, if i had the choice on a standard engine, or go fully forged?
For me, it would come down to what i could afford, to put it bluntly!
I think the drop in option is brilliant and many people have used that option to great effect, running anything from 500 to 550 hp, but if you want more and your engine is a bit tired, then maybe the built engine is the way to go.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mate,it looks like you're going to have to learn some restraint :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Its so easy to get carried away, when you start!
The drop ins will take far less time and you wont have to go through all the hassle of running it in,the various oil changes and re mapping to suit (run in map and final map), but with the built engine you know everything is new and it possibly gives you scope for more power, depending on what parts are used.
There are a lot more costs for the built engine, too.
Would i put drop ins in any of mine, if i had the choice on a standard engine, or go fully forged?
For me, it would come down to what i could afford, to put it bluntly!
I think the drop in option is brilliant and many people have used that option to great effect, running anything from 500 to 550 hp, but if you want more and your engine is a bit tired, then maybe the built engine is the way to go.
Restraint....never heard of her🤣....budget isn't really an issue....I keeping the car long long term...I'm looking for around 420bhp so maybe the drop in service🤔

·
Premium Member
10,985 Posts
Restraint....never heard of her🤣....budget isn't really an issue....I keeping the car long long term...I'm looking for around 420bhp so maybe the drop in service🤔
I was told many moons ago, build the highest spec engine. Do it once do it right. If budget is no issue then personally I would build a proper engine. Drop ins are great and “can” work well especially on a budget. But they can also go to **** , seriously my advice is do a proper build in house with the same builder, mapper etc so it’s all under one roof.

Oh and I’d go stroker 😂😂😂

By the way, this does all start opening up the huge hole of updating the drivetrain, brakes, suspension and going proper after market ECU.
Gotta love Evo’s 😂😂

Maybe stay stock, stay happy, stress free and well off . Oh and married 👍😂

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was told many moons ago, build the highest spec engine. Do it once do it right. If budget is no issue then personally I would build a proper engine. Drop ins are great and “can” work well especially on a budget. But they can also go to **** , seriously my advice is do a proper build in house with the same builder, mapper etc so it’s all under one roof.

Oh and I’d go stroker 😂😂😂

By the way, this does all start opening up the huge hole of updating the drivetrain, brakes, suspension and going proper after market ECU.
Gotta love Evo’s 😂😂

Maybe stay stock, stay happy, stress free and well off . Oh and married 👍😂
420bhp will do me fine mate.....I cannot chase numbers 🙈

·
Premium Member
10,985 Posts
It literally is a slippery slope as every area is effected by what you do, it just moves along the chain of what needs to be uprated because of what’s been done previous. If Norris does your drop in, there is a possibility it may be out of spec. You’ll only know this once it’s in bits so if you go this route just factor that in 👍

if you’re forging I would go aftermarket ECU though

1 - 20 of 58 Posts