Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While lowering the propshaft this evening (in order to to lower the fuel tank), it fell out of the front diff, and alittle oil started leaking out.So i simply lifted it back up and slotted it back in.Not alot of oil came out (very slow dribble for a few seconds).

Is the prop shaft ment to come out so easily? And why wasnt there more oil leaked than the very samll amount that there was ?

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The prop sits on a sliding spline shaft and is designed that way to allow for movement. There is not much oil in the transfer box anyway (about 0.5 litre I seem to remember) so most of it would be sitting up the front. The only thing to remember is if the prop comes out don't let any dirt get into the hole for obvious reasons.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers HH6 :)

Reasurring to hear that.

Rich.

P.S. Check out the thread a few lines down titled Knocking Noise ... big thanks for the advice you gave me re: the long term problem with the intermittant knocking noise. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...I missed that thread until you mentioned it (don't come on here as much as I used to).
No problem with the help mate, try to help as much as I can having had most of the problems myself and dealers not having much of a clue :( Yours must be the 4th case now I have heard of a potential bent strut so fairly rare. Glad it's sorted :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts