Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just in case anyones interested priced up onhlins dampers today for my evo 5 rs
road and track kit ,no ride height adjustment or off board canister,but adjustable camber and rebound 1674 without vat
rally kit ,fast road fully adj rebound height off board canisters etc 4330 without vat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oli goon,
i presantly run leda adjustables 1500 quid ,think the next stage to upgrade for serious handling/track work is either proflex or onhlins which are both over 3000,yep dear but depends on how serious you are about your cars handling ,with the evo being very good in standard form there has to be a lot of development to improve shocks.Tommis runnning onhlins think there 5000 a corner at least ,

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bugsy, Ohlins are good, but very expensive.

You can get a full Proflex kit that are adjustable for that. I went for the Drummond 60mm dampers in the end. These are very similar to Proflex/Ohlins. Feature adjustable bump and rebound, 22 settings I think. Messed about with springs a bit (they came with double progressive springs, which weren't really ideal for track use). Got some Eibach motorsport linear items in the end. With HKS pillowball mounts at the front (the rears have adjustable camber anyway) this setup is truly brilliant for both track and road (oh, also have Powerflex bushes allround and Ralliart braces). YOu can do this for £3k, and my guess is that it will be better than the Ohlins. You are more than welcome to come out and try my car - it is a similar weight to yours, so you would get a very good idea.

Drummond are as famous in Australasia as Proflex/Ohlins are here - and are a very good make. A few pro drivers have driven my car, and reckon it is the best handling car they have ever driven. I asked them to drive it so as to make an assessment on what to adjust / change - they said leave it alone, it is perfect. In conjunction with the Dunlop R tyres, it generates unbelievable grip. I set it full hard on the track, full soft on the road - and both are very good. Almost no roll, but just enough compliance to give you good grip.

I think a fixed setup will be a compromise, and rally setup won't necessarily be good for a track. Adjustability for different weather conditions is nice too - setting it softer on certain surfaces, or in the rain, to get more grip.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you want some ohlins/proflex or dynamic gr.n shocks maybe Claudius can help you, he have some dynamic suspension with eibach springs with separate tanks, they are like new and maybe is going to sell them as he's fitting special ohlins.

About the ohlins, these ones are especially made from a french rally team with an ohlins hydraulic insert and separate tank, but the body itself it's custom made and it is stronger than the standard ohlins, and also less expensive, maybe around 3000/3500.

Maybe Claudius can give you some informations.

The hks or similar top mounts are very good, and it's really good to change all the bushings for the powerflex or ralliart items!

Another good improvement is to fit front and rear strut braces but also the cusco lower ones.
And if it's not enough, the hks kansai front and rear sway bars:D!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The custom Öhlins are over GBP 4,000. They are still developing them, but once they are ready, I will sell the Dynamic ones I have (bump and rebound adjustable, 60kg springs front and 50 rear). They are GBP 3,500 new but I got them for 3,000 so I will probably let them go for something like 2,500. But anyway, havent reached that point yet. Dont fit non adjustable Öhlins or Proflex to your car, they are shitty dual tube technology (the Proflex anyway) and will become spongy after use and will need heating up beforehand...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ohlins are THE people !
we run ohlins forks shocks on a motocrosser and they are amazing
£4k is off the shelf stuff
£21k for factory front forks !
very informative website,good basic setup info

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fück me! You really got robbed bugsy!! You'll get the fully adjustable Öhlins Gr.N kit for 5k, I know that prices as I was considering buying one before I went for my Proflex Gr.N. Something is very wrong here....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you are getting your euros mixed up with your shillings ?????
5k for all four is cheap
5k per corner for the top kit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, definetely not. My Proflex 3-way adjustable Gr.n kit (equivalent of Öhlins Gr.N) cost me 2k (500 quid below listprice at the time) and the full Öhlins Gr.N kit cost about 5k. If your talking 5k per corner that must be something like a Gr.A or even WRC kit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Michael,
you are right!
Pluto should talk about gr.a:D!

You can get the four gr.n ohlins for less than 4000£ from ralliart italy or from stac in France.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts