Lancer Register Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Had my evo 9 since new.. May 06 I think it was registered.
Coming up to 20k :smthumbup
When I had my new 9 back in 2006 I did more than 20k in it in the first year, so you've done less mileage in 11 years than I did in 1!! :lol:

Hope you're still enjoying it :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
I'm in the one and only club, bought my X fq400 new in 2009, still only done 7,500 miles. I often get it out the garage for a polish, think about going for a drive, look at the state of the roads around here and put it away again, that said I'm hoping to be at the show on Saturday.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Owned mine from new 26,000miles on the clock now.

Purchased in April 2007 from Mitsubishi Tax free sales Germany. As British Forces and MOD cilivians serving Overseas in Germany are intitled to tax free sales which included cars. So got mine for a bargin at 21,000 pounds.

Mitsubishi (CCC) Imported the car from Japan as with all the cars which were to be sold in the UK. The Car was converted to MR FQ 360 Spec along with other 200 or 220 cars. The Only difference being the 10 or so cars selected for tax free/forces sales in Germany were never registered in the UK by :mitsi:(CCC) They were shipped from Portbury Docks in Bristol (Where they came into the UK from Japan) out to Germany.

The Tax Free Purchaser on return to the UK had to register the car with DVLA on return. Its worth noting this was not a classed as a Gray Import as this system was part of the UK agreement for tax free sales to British forces Germany.

The Cars had to have slight modification for use in Germany/Europe, :mitsi: (CCC) supplied the vehicles with Euro (Left Hand drive) headlights, UK Spec lights were placed in orginal packaging in the boot of the vehicle for the buyer to change on return to UK.

Aditionally a extra fog light was cut into the rear bumper as required to pass a British Forces Germany (BFG) inspection this was basically a Germany TUV and a UK MOT rolled into one. Before the vehicle could be used on the road in Germany.

So any owners out there of 7s,8s and 9s. with two rear fog lights cut into the rear bumper there is a chance that your vehicle was an Forces Tax free sale from Germany.

I have included a picture of the twin rear fogs as installed by :mitsi:

Bit of a long write up but I thought I'd provide some info on the cars:mitsi: sold tax free.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I Can't Stop!

I've owned my IX-MR here in The 'States since new, 2006. On a side note, I also own since new, a 1989 Mitsubishi Starion wide body. I can't sell any of my Mitsubishi cars! I own a third one too! Lol.:handsup:

·
Simon - EVO V
1,802 Posts
Owned mine from new 26,000miles on the clock now.

Purchased in April 2007 from Mitsubishi Tax free sales Germany. As British Forces and MOD cilivians serving Overseas in Germany are intitled to tax free sales which included cars. So got mine for a bargin at 21,000 pounds.

Mitsubishi (CCC) Imported the car from Japan as with all the cars which were to be sold in the UK. The Car was converted to MR FQ 360 Spec along with other 200 or 220 cars. The Only difference being the 10 or so cars selected for tax free/forces sales in Germany were never registered in the UK by :mitsi:(CCC) They were shipped from Portbury Docks in Bristol (Where they came into the UK from Japan) out to Germany.

The Tax Free Purchaser on return to the UK had to register the car with DVLA on return. Its worth noting this was not a classed as a Gray Import as this system was part of the UK agreement for tax free sales to British forces Germany.

The Cars had to have slight modification for use in Germany/Europe, :mitsi: (CCC) supplied the vehicles with Euro (Left Hand drive) headlights, UK Spec lights were placed in orginal packaging in the boot of the vehicle for the buyer to change on return to UK.

Aditionally a extra fog light was cut into the rear bumper as required to pass a British Forces Germany (BFG) inspection this was basically a Germany TUV and a UK MOT rolled into one. Before the vehicle could be used on the road in Germany.

So any owners out there of 7s,8s and 9s. with two rear fog lights cut into the rear bumper there is a chance that your vehicle was an Forces Tax free sale from Germany.

I have included a picture of the twin rear fogs as installed by :mitsi:

Bit of a long write up but I thought I'd provide some info on the cars:mitsi: sold tax free.
Very interesting thanks

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
moore_bhp: good write up!

So does yours have a number allocated to it?
No: 038 Genuine UK spec IX MR FQ 360.

1 of 4 that I knew of at the time of sale.
The others were 2 Gun metal gray ones and a red one. All IX MR FQ 360s.

One of the gray ones was No: 036 a friend owned it.

I didn't get the number of the other two, but a user on here 'Spike' something is his username had other gray one. He now has a X red FQ 360.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Had my 6 from new, 11k on the clock, stage 1 Ralliart conversion, ap's all round, speedlines, arc titanium exhaust ( the only one in the UK I believe as noone else was daft enough to pay 2.5k for an exhaust system!)
Unfortunately it's not red, has no stickers, so it's worth **** all. However I do possess a carbon kevlar omp seat that a certain Mr Makinen sat in, so I might stick that in and who knows it might be worth something!

Got a nice recaro that walter rohl ****ed himself in too, maybe if I stick that in my 20v Ur Quattro I can command sport or S1 Quattro money!

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I've had mine since brand new - ordered from my local Mitsi main dealer, waited four months because it had just been released in Japan. Picked it up June 2004 and currently on 109K. Kept ALL receipts including fuel receipts, all logged on a spreadsheet. Although still going strong, it's cost ALOT and is need of some major TLC! but still my daily drive and loving it.

I'll write a full blog on it one day...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dad's had his Tommi Mak from new, imported in his name.

12k miles on the clock, standard except remap, dyno'd at 340bhp.

Sunroof, not many have them!

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Had my 6 from new, 11k on the clock, stage 1 Ralliart conversion, ap's all round, speedlines, arc titanium exhaust ( the only one in the UK I believe as noone else was daft enough to pay 2.5k for an exhaust system!)
Unfortunately it's not red, has no stickers, so it's worth **** all. However I do possess a carbon kevlar omp seat that a certain Mr Makinen sat in, so I might stick that in and who knows it might be worth something!

Got a nice recaro that walter rohl ****ed himself in too, maybe if I stick that in my 20v Ur Quattro I can command sport or S1 Quattro money!
we need some pics of your toys!

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
I bought my V in June 98, new import with 9 miles on the clock, that first year was brilliant as not many knew of them so ruffled many a feather.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Evo VI bought new in June 2000, still got it 56k on the clock and NR fettled to 500bhp.

Lives with a 991 GT3, love them both. Testament to just how special an Evo is.

The Porsche is better but being 15 years younger and much more expensive it should be.

Regards
Fred

21 - 40 of 41 Posts