Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working on this dance tune for the last couple of days and wondered what you guys thought of it? ....>>Striker<<
Code ten is the name I use :)

If it's pants and you can't stand it there's no probs at my end with that.....

A happy Sunday to you all :D

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cheers Paul for what you said on youtube :smthumbup

I'm not the type to go fishing for compliments, was just wondering what people thought, funny what you say about prodigy, my brother said the same, he thought it had a similar sound, Liam's getting better, a few more years sussing out Logic and he'll be there :lol:

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
good attempt mate tbh , how long u been doing it ??? Id personally change the snare drum deffo as it stands out as a basic instrument or chuck it through another distortion program or something . Also get some more instruments coming in throughout with varies rhythms so it dosent become repeative.

Also a nice break so all there is, is the b-line for 4-8 bars would help. JUst a few poinmt mate i would do. Deffo a good attempt though . I use cubase sx - soundforge , software i love is orchestral, kontakt, also native instrument battery is Excellent for drums,

Finally try some vocals possibly mate , can eally make a track , just start with basic samples then go form there.

HTH

Karl

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good attempt mate tbh , how long u been doing it ??? Id personally change the snare drum deffo as it stands out as a basic instrument or chuck it through another distortion program or something . Also get some more instruments coming in throughout with varies rhythms so it dosent become repeative.

Also a nice break so all there is, is the b-line for 4-8 bars would help. JUst a few poinmt mate i would do. Deffo a good attempt though . I use cubase sx - soundforge , software i love is orchestral, kontakt, also native instrument battery is Excellent for drums,

Finally try some vocals possibly mate , can eally make a track , just start with basic samples then go form there.

HTH

Karl
Hey ya Karl, thanks for the comments :smthumbup I've been playing around with tunes since around 2002, well, to be honest understanding DAW's which as you know takes some time, guess it's only been the last few years or so that I've started to put whole tracks together, more out of being lazy and spending time on forums and pretty girls :lol:

It's not a finished piece by a long shot, I've spoken to a guy from a band I've been working with and he'll be up for doing a narration at the beginning of the tune for me, either one of us will lay down a vox for it, i've just got to spend some time working out what that might be, you're so right, it needs stabs here and there to spice things up. The levels (snare etc) and Eq frequencies are a bit hit and miss, I didn't want to put up a fully mastered tune up on youtube, I'll be taking it down soonish.

Cubasics, oh my eyes :lol: I'm a logic user here, I find Cubase not as straight forward as Logic for my simple brain, Cubase is a great app but we all like different things for different reasons, I guess you could call Cubase the Subaru of the DAW world, Logic the EVO......:lol: kidding.

You're a fulltime engineer Karl if I'm not mistaken?

Very prodigy... :D
Cheers dude, if only I had Liam's wonga, oh, and talent......:lol:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
yeah its quite good. what sort of programmes and things do you need for to make a record.
talking about the prodigy chatting with my brother the other day and he was talking about there new album and said his mate produced some of the tracks :eek: i said who and he said james rushent.

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah its quite good. what sort of programmes and things do you need for to make a record.
talking about the prodigy chatting with my brother the other day and he was talking about there new album and said his mate produced some of the tracks :eek: i said who and he said james rushent.
Thanks Adam :D

Oh man, you're asking a really big question, the real easy and cheap way of doing things is get a copy of whatever music app takes your fancy, a keyboard and you're good to go, to get a really great sound I'll always advise someone to get a UAD card/s, the plugins are brilliant and so rich sounding, makes a big difference than just using the stock plugs that come with most apps.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
i might tart looking into it as a hobby allways been into music and wanted to look at making records.
is it right to look at getting a mac instead of a pc for the music work

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Either is cool, choose your poison, I'm on a Mac as thats all I really know, the vast majority of studios use Macs because of stability issues, the os/machine/even the app is made by Mac if you're not using Cubase/ProTools.

Have a click on the link on my signature and you'll learn loads.....:D

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
loads of stuff on there looks like a mine field to me.
i can get most stuff very cheap with being in the trade etc.
i will have to read on that forum a bit more to learn a bit.
how much does protools cost, can you start messing around with that before you get into the serious stuff to earn what your doing.

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It depends on what you want to do, ProTools was always the one for audio and Logic used to be and still is the one for midi orientated music, PT8 is supposed to have a lot better midi implementation and virtual instruments since it hit the scene.

Reason is another for synth/dance based stuff, just like a jukebox, just load up a break and you're good to go, Mac or PC.

You can get ProTools for reasonable $, have a look here >>Digital Village<< the only thing is you can only use Digidesign or M Audio gear, the other DAW makers out there don't make that restriction unless you're going to shell out £13k for a Radar system :eek:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
so for a novice learning his way around protools might be a good start.
and when i get a bit more confident use a better system for midi use.
cheers mate

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so for a novice learning his way around protools might be a good start.
and when i get a bit more confident use a better system for midi use.
cheers mate
No no Adam, ProTools isn't just for novices lol, it's a pro application, it's in many many pro studios, something like Reason (Mac/PC) GarageBand (Mac only) are two that are great to start with, saying that, you could just dive in at the deep end and use ProTools/Logic/Cubase/Digital Performer/Sonar/Reaper etc etc, it all depends how you want to approach things.

There's defiantly no hard or fast rules, that site on my sig has got loads of helpful info, whatever DAW you decide to go for just join up on the specific DAW's forum and load up on tips and tricks, oh, BTW, I have no connection with that site other that just being a user :)

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
cheers mate how novice do i sound lol.
i have been offered a mac book so i have read up on the logic package and it seems really good as well.
thanks for the tips loks like a lot of research is on the cards

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you can grab that MacBook and Logic you'll be flying, it's a great package Logic, loaded with loops and FX, you'll making music in no time, if yo need any help just shoot me a line and I'll be more than happy to help out :)

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Hey ya Karl, thanks for the comments :smthumbup I've been playing around with tunes since around 2002, well, to be honest understanding DAW's which as you know takes some time, guess it's only been the last few years or so that I've started to put whole tracks together, more out of being lazy and spending time on forums and pretty girls :lol:

It's not a finished piece by a long shot, I've spoken to a guy from a band I've been working with and he'll be up for doing a narration at the beginning of the tune for me, either one of us will lay down a vox for it, i've just got to spend some time working out what that might be, you're so right, it needs stabs here and there to spice things up. The levels (snare etc) and Eq frequencies are a bit hit and miss, I didn't want to put up a fully mastered tune up on youtube, I'll be taking it down soonish.

Cubasics, oh my eyes :lol: I'm a logic user here, I find Cubase not as straight forward as Logic for my simple brain, Cubase is a great app but we all like different things for different reasons, I guess you could call Cubase the Subaru of the DAW world, Logic the EVO......:lol: kidding.

You're a fulltime engineer Karl if I'm not mistaken?

Cheers dude, if only I had Liam's wonga, oh, and talent......:lol:
no mate far from it , i spend most of my youth making and messing with tunes , etc . ALot of friends were on various pirate radio stations so were making tunes daily and pressing them up at musichouse in london for playing on the radio the next day, so picked alot up. i always fancied a g4 / logic and pro-tools personally but could never afford it lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts