Lancer Register Forum banner
61 - 80 of 309 Posts

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
5,297 Posts
Really enjoyed this write up:smthumbup
Looks to be a lovely car... I'm looking forward to the photos of it once you have given it a good clean:D

·
Super Moderator
19,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Nice write up Rich, saw it on Northloop. Almost mirrors my trip to the ring recently.

Though I found Pistenklause service spot on. Booked a table, turned up and quickly served drinks and food despite it being busy. Luckk of the draw maybe.
It isnt the first time we've had poor service unfortunately. We were given a table in the new section. Drinks took an age, no bread - we had to ask for it as the table next to us, who arrived after us got it straight away, and when it arrived it was cold. Our lasses starter was burnt, mine never arrived at all! Steak was supposed to be medium to well done, blood oozzed out of it when our lass cut into it... bill was 55 euros, wasnt worth half of it. Under staffed and over worked on a busy weekend :(

If i go there again, it would be a quiet week night, lessen learnt. Glad you found it spot on though, it cant always be bad... and sounds like you had a great weekend away, the same as we did :cool:

·
Super Moderator
19,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 · (Edited)
So the Dehumidifier arrived yesterday afternoon :smthumbup

I had it running over night in the garage next to the Evo :naughty:

Checked how much water it had removed from the air this morning....

:eek::eek::eek:

So i need to plug some gaps between the garage doors i think. I guess the amount of water it will remove from the air will lessen as the moisture is drawn out of everything in there. Looking at energy usage, it has three modes, fast dry, eco dry, and auto, which toggles between the two to keep humidity between 50% - 60%. Now zero rust can occur at 55% humidity so thats where we need to be.

Running costs i've just looked at this morning. Not cheap i have to say when running 24/7;

Eco = 330 watts - 10.91p p/KWh = £23.57 pcm :rolleyes:
Fast = 580 watts - 10.91 p/KWh = £45.56 pcm :eek:

Lets hope its not running on Fast all the time :lol:

I have a humidity meter arriving early next week so will be able to read exactly what is happening in there. I did plan to have it on a timer but the unit needs to run on for two minutes after you turn it off so thats not happening unfortunately.

·
Super Moderator
19,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
rich, you need to ail for a humidity content of between 40-60% Rh.

My dehumidifier has several settings.
http://www.dry-it-out.com/car-storage-faq
Cheers Baz :cool:

The one i have drys to between 50-60% so should be good for the job. There's an auto setting which toggles between high and low. When i first got it, in the auto mode it ran continually in high. Well today its running low speed, so looks like after 48hrs or so the garage has dried out sufficiently. I would guess its taken several litres of water out of everything :eek:

I bought a cheap meter off ebay to read the ambient temp. and humidity in the garage, but talk about inaccurate :mad: So i've ordered
which has some good reviews. Plan is to be able to sit here at my computer desk and know what the conditions are in the garage at all times :cool:

I will re-evaluate the situation as time passes. I might purchase a smaller cheap unit to run 24/7 and use this one after washing or using the car, and also for colder winter nights. We'll see.

I also need to sort out a normal access door at the rear of the garage, currently i only have the main garage door which lets all the heat out / cold in everytime i open it :eek:

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Very nice, I'm sure you'll add your touch and have it even better

Reactions: RichW

·
Registered
18,323 Posts
That's nice rich , I might end up with one of them myself now I'm looking for an evo again! !

·
Registered
18,323 Posts
You're damn right rich , it's been niggling at me for years.
I've had half a dozen different track cars since o sold my six but it's always been the evo ive loved the most.
I've got a robin hood 2b super seven at the moment and it's fun but nowhere near as exciting as an evo, but soon ill have both😈

·
Registered
8,818 Posts
You're damn right rich , it's been niggling at me for years.
I've had half a dozen different track cars since o sold my six but it's always been the evo ive loved the most.
I've got a robin hood 2b super seven at the moment and it's fun but nowhere near as exciting as an evo, but soon ill have both😈
Have a nice red TME on the way form Japan if your interested. Something else has caught my eye, so may let it go.

61 - 80 of 309 Posts