Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys its been a while. So this may sound a bit vague but bare with me......
I'm searching for a very distinctive car that was on here a number of years ago, if I remember correctly it was for sale. I was just wondering if any of you could remember it or the owners name and find the link.
As I say it was very distinctive
Black evo 1,2or3
it was a big power drag car

great looking thing, I was having a discussion with a friend who is considering building something similar

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Joe

·
Premium Member
3,667 Posts
Not one of James Rumseys cars that evo400 helped build, spending a ton James’ money in the process? Those were the days, lively banter on here and tons of falling out! Everyone only cared about how much power you could extract.

·
Vendor
2,832 Posts
Didn't James run Evo VII's? First a road car then a spaceframe thingy?

I am sure there was another chap, called the roofer or similar.

Seems so long ago now.

Cheers,

Guy

·
Premium Member
3,667 Posts
Didn't James run Evo VII's? First a road car then a spaceframe thingy?

I am sure there was another chap, called the roofer or similar.

Seems so long ago now.

Cheers,

Guy
Yes he did, just wasn't sure if he had others though. I know he was loaded and Evo400 used to love spending it :mhihi:

It does seem ages though, was a hive of activity in those days. :smthumbup

·
Vendor
2,832 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
This one?

I also remember a black Evo 1 street car on black 15" slipstreams, it had around 500-600whp if I recall, I can't seem to find any pictures of it though. It was definitely for sale at one point, and I never saw it again.

·
NR555
7,416 Posts
Ross had james rumseys space frame 8 up for sale for long long time
Edit: the car that’s in Grants link

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi guys. Some fantastic cars mentioned above. I’ve enjoyed looking into them.
However sadly non of them are the car I am thinking of. This was more a home built drag car, no tube chassis just a high powered black evo 1-2-3 if I recall it was for sale.
I’ve spent hours searching for it and I’m really struggling now

·
Registered
734 Posts
What happened to Evo400? And that guy with the dodgy fuel card scheme? :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Miss my old 3, was stolen and written off, the guy went through the windscreen and was in hospital from the crash....

·
Premium Member
8,781 Posts
Ben Scammell ?
I'd forgotton all about that clown and his Pipeline Card scheme.:rolleyes:

Several threads on Pistonheads about it, all people got back after enrolling was spam emails and he even managed to have a thread about it on Money Saving Expert called Pipedream Card because it all appeared to be a con.
He's started up some other similiar scheme which also asks for people to sign up, it's called Energising British Motorsport.

·
NR555
7,416 Posts
I still have copies of pm’s from him threatening me with legal action because I called his businesses dodgy on this forum :lol:

·
... now with more Bang :)
17,753 Posts
Miss my old 3, was stolen and written off, the guy went through the windscreen and was in hospital from the crash....
A little bit of Karma then!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts