Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Bit of a newbie question. have a car fitted with an aftermarket ecu.

now this also has a electronic boost controller which by the looks of it seems to have been messed with since the map as both high an lo settings seems to only achieve actuator pressure (same as when turned off)

my question is can i mess with the settings on the ebc without effecting the map on the ecu. i suppose what i am asking is when the car is mapped is it done for whatever boost pressure up to a certain point. so lets say its running 1 bar, could i adjust to 1.4 bar and the map on the ecu would adjust fueling etc to suit?

i know that increasing the set increases boost. gain makes it long and set gain is when takes over from actuator etc.

sorry i am not 100% sure if the map is seperate from the ebc so to speak.

thank you

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,826 Posts
Yes you can use the EBC in conjunction with the ECU, it really just takes control over the actuator and the ECU's map then adjusts fuelling, timing etc to match the amount of load generated as a result of the actuator operation. However if it's only making actuator pressure then it sounds like something isn't right with it anyway so I doubt playing with the settings will do anything.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent thanks aidy i wasnt 100% but thought that was the case.... peak was 17.3 psi when i have just tsken out so its actually more than actuaator. its running 14.5/15 with the controller off so running 1 bar actuator is my guess

1 - 3 of 3 Posts