Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Well answers please, I need some new new front discs.

Should it be Brembo - heat treated?
black diamond?
EBC?
etc.

Thanks all

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
If you drive hard or do any track days, the only answer is to get a set of two piece discs!
The choice is yours: Dragon, Godspeed, AP, Movit and probably more. But don't bother with run of the mill stuff as it won't cope!

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
As already said it has to be bells and amp; rotors but you also need to change to a set of better pads as well , plus if you are doing track days run in brake cooling pipes , PE do a nice kit or you can make it up yourself .

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,

Next question is where can i get them from? (yellow?)

How much are they (two piece)?

What are ctf?

Thanks again

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
CTF are the discs you can see if you click on the link I posted above with the word CenterTechnoFreni in it!

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Still haven't warped my standard discs after 37,000 miles.
Only done 1 trackday though.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
i warped my standard discs before the 4500 mile service the dealer skimmed them for me and i have now done 12,000 miles with no trouble at all

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Insbro,
Have yr standard disc's warped , if they haven't they probably won't . Lot's of people , me included , r ok with standard brakes.

I can supply u with Tarox , have fitted them 2 a few Evo's now , no problems so far. Can also supply (and fit if needed) some very nice braided lines with STAINLESS STEEL END FITTINGS ,so no corrosion like the normal cad plated steel 1's. Wud also advise u 2 change brake fluid , I supply and recommend Brembo LCF600.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Original Post:

can you get ctf in the UK?
yes, you need to import them though; sandtler in germany have a set that they can send you; email michaelk for details. he bought his there and they got a 2nd set. they sell them for less than what they normally go for, around 400 - 450 £.

sorry for the spelling, my shift key just stopped working!

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
i have warped my discs on the 7 :( badly......

i have done less tha 4000miles for god sake.

so CTF are good. what else? anyone here have tried some other makes that did not warp with the standard callipares?

do AP make discs that will fit the standard 7 callipares?

thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
The EVO VII has another problem which can cause the discs to warp. If someone is interested why I can tell'em offline but not keen on posting it on the MLR, you could get sued, banned whatever.
All the people who haven't warped their standard discs just don't drive hard enough, full stop. Try harder. Do 10 stops in a row from 200km/h to 0 with four people in the car. They will warp if the pads don't just fall apart from the heat before you completed that.

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
How is that different from the Evo 6?

Claudius was banned
Simon Nelson

Last edited by Simon 7 Extreme

NICE TRY CLAUDIUS, BUT I DON'T PUT THAT LAST LINE IN AND i ALWAYS DATE IT. VERY FUNNY THOUGH :D
Simon Nelson
18/02/02 ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
Sam, AP do a 2 piece replacement for the Evo. Around £600 I think. PE have a write up on them on their website.

See here

...John

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
I am not allowed to uprate the disks on my Group N rally spec evo 5 and 6, so have to use standard ones which seem to work fine, but I do change them twice a year, I can get them ( and sell them on) for £150 for the pair, so even when they do eventualy warp, they are cheap enough to replace again!
Try running slicks on track days, or moulded inters for road use, then you don't need to slow down for corners so much, then you won't overheat them!
RogerRally

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
Mike,

My E6 has now covered 32K miles, still using standard discs and they have not warped. I have used the car on numerous trackdays and I can assure you I brake very hard on road and track. I have boiled race fluid and my calipers are dark blue/brown. I have overheated my brakes many times cause of hard use and insufficient cooling of the standard setup. But my discs are NOT WARPED!
The reasons for this are 1. I'm lucky 2. From new the discs had a 4500mile bedding in process.

G

·
Discussion Starter #20
Claudius,

You are my hero.

I bought the car with 4500 miles on the clock, and the guy I bought it off was a poser(he lived in Monaco), not a driver, so basically the brakes were never used in anger for the time he owned the car.
BTW a set of pads nomally last me a trackday.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts