Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just coming up to my service I have been told that if you provide your own oil then you save some of the costs.
what oil I know 5w 40 but castrol magatex, carlube or can someone recomend another ?
4 litres enough ?
Cheers guys.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
maganatex is mineral oil, big no no

get some decent semi synthetic mate, 4.5 litres i think it is but you will get a 5 litre bottle, i always ring opie oils on 01209 215164 and ask for Guy or Simon, they will advise you on what is best for your car.

Alex

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
we use silkolene pro s in ours you can get it from tina at rse.stopped all the lash adjuster noise on ours and it runs sweet as a nut and its better on fuel which must be a good thing lol.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Silkolene all the way jamie.. You can get it off oilman on here or go through silkolene's own website..let me know if you need any help on this as ive looked into it quite abit.

Jono

·
Vendor
2,841 Posts
Cannot recommend it more highly, Silkolene PRO S 5w-40.

It's also a good price for MLR Members £32.49 5L / £60.99 10L / £109.99 20L. RRP is £45 for 5L.

You can always catch up with us at one of the shows and save the carriage!

Cheers
Simon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.