Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a major service at RE Performance centre and all was weel. A week later I then took into my local Mitsubishi centre as oil was leaking from the oil filter. They told me that too much oil had been added and the level was nearly twice what it should have been, i was annoyed that RE had done something so stupid as the seemed to do the job well. So the Mitsubishi garge replaced the oil to what they thought the correct level was using the dipstick, about 3.5 litres of oil was used. They also stopped the leak from the oil filter but that was not RE fault as it was like it when i bought the car.
Anyway now the level on the dipstick is above the marker again. I measure when the engine is warm and leave it to stand for 5 minutes after switch off. The engine is the same as in Chunkys GSR, only difference it mine is strippped out and so much lighter. Should i worry or is it just me, all the other cars i use dont have this problem. Does this affect you Chunky.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, overfilling the car with oil can have the effect of raising the oil pressure (source: dsm.org), so that might be why it started leaking.

I've don't know the oil capacity of the 4G93 (I'll post the question on the gsr_evo list) and my car never seems to consume any oil between services, but I do check it in much the same manner as you and I've never had any probs.

What do you mean 'mine is strippped out and so much lighter' - most intriguing, more details please!

Do you have the noisy tappet problem?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts