Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How should i go about trying to tackle these? Is it wise to degrease the paintwork after a pre wash? If they are still present after a pre wash followed by a shampoo could they be removed by claying?

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Will try and get some pics up later to show what i mean as its a bit difficult to explain.

·
Registered
26,575 Posts
try a bit of citrus snow foam for a started mate make the mixture a bit richer than norm

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
isnt it burnt fuel from the exhaust, ive used the clay before and it removes it fine, just have to polish and wax after:gay::D

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
isnt it burnt fuel from the exhaust, ive used the clay before and it removes it fine, just have to polish and wax after:gay::D
good, you can nip round and show me how its done then, and dunt you mean oil from the Drakes burner? :crackup::D abart a litre in 3 days :eek::blush::lol:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its not on the rear, its more the front wings and bonnet. I've got some Megs super degreaser but i only use that to do under my arches. Would something like Megs APC be ideal to use before foaming?

I havn't got a foam lance for my pressure washer yet. I use a gilmour with snowfoam and put some cemical guys maxi suds into the mix then usually wash with two bucket method using Megs NXT shampoo.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Autosmart Tardis I have found very useful for removing solvents. I don't think I would soak the whole car in it though, mainly just for removing large deposits of road tar and grease etc on lower panels.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Autosmart Tardis I have found very useful for removing solvents. I don't think I would soak the whole car in it though, mainly just for removing large deposits of road tar and grease etc on lower panels.
DO NOT SOAK YOUR CAR IN TARDIS, It's a great product in what it does best ie remove Tar and Glue deposits, It also removes any protective coat you have on the paint, So Polish and wax need to be replaced on panels that it's touched. It can turn some black plastics white on cars:eek: But Autoglyms Tar remover doesn't and is a safer option:smthumbup

APC is good also just not as strong.

Michael

·
Gav
7,579 Posts
I've had a few stubborn marks, tar/rubber/etc and all have been shifted with autoglym tar remover and/or paint renovator. Tis good stuff!

·
Banned
591 Posts
R222 Total Auto Wash would be an excellent safe choice for light grease/oil contamination, whereas Autosmart Tardis would be excellent in more extreme cases. As long as you limit contact time to 1-2 minutes and don't allow it to dry out, Tardis is perfectly safe even if used liberally. Although we can't rule it out 100%, in three years of using it we've never seen it stain any trims. Other reasonable choicesd would be Meguiar's APC cut 4:1 or Meguiar's Super Degreaser cut 10:1, but you do have to be very careful with the latter, as it is far more prone to causing staining if not rinsed off quickly enough. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts