Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All evo 7 owners, you may already be aware of this, but though I ought to share it just in case.....

I recently had my EVO 7 (from warrender) serviced by MotorWey in Putney, they were speaking to Ralliart who asked them to check the oil filter that had been fitted, they were told that the one fitted to my car is the wrong one and Ralliart were aware of this, apparently this can leak and Ralliart have now got the new filters in.

Though this may help anyone who has not checked.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had this problem - Guys who did my 4.5K service fitted a filter for an EVO 6. When I had the recent 9K service they said that it was the wrong one and that it does not tighten properly and therefore leaks. Make sure you get the filter for the 7 - If they don't know they should call Mitsubishi UK or Ralliart

Rich

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
geazers i also bought my evo7 from warrender and am about 300 miles away from 4500 mile service, im a bit worried after reading this thread and have a question, HOW IN THE BLUE HELL CAN A BRAND NEW EVO HAVE A WRONG OIL FILTER ON IT? IS IT ANOTHER FUC UP MY MITSY?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mine had the wrong filter fitted at the 4.5K service - when Mill Lane Mitsubishi came to do the 9K service they spotted that the wrong filter was fitted at 4.5K

The tuning company (not warrender) who fitted the filter at 4.5K just assumed that the filter for the E6 would fit a 7

The car leaves Japan with the correct filter - it's the servicing in the UK after that you have to check

1 - 4 of 4 Posts