Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can someone tell me where the oil drain plug is located please? It's not easily visible under the car and all i need to do it let a little out as it's too full and i don't want to ruin my engine. Little job is turning into a nightmare.

·
Registered
376 Posts
There's only 1 bolt on the sump, (the big bowl shaped pan at the bottom of the engine). It's right at the bottom on the back if I remember rightly.

If the car's got a plastic undertray fitted you may need to remove this first...

Or it may be best to take it to a garage if you're really stuck;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's only 1 bolt on the sump, (the big bowl shaped pan at the bottom of the engine). It's right at the bottom on the back if I remember rightly.

If the car's got a plastic undertray fitted you may need to remove this first...

Or it may be best to take it to a garage if you're really stuck;)
cheeky coont, I know what a sump is. I'm a fairly competant mechanic, was just struggling locating it since I only have the standard jack, light is failing and i wasn't sure if i had to take all the plastic off from underneath or not. I found it now though, let a little oil out so i'll check it later, make sure it's at the right level again.

I was just stressing because I over filled it and needed to get some oil out asap. Thanks tho. :smthumbup

1 - 4 of 4 Posts