Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering from what approximate horsepower / boost you need to upgrade the oil cooler. I am holding 1.45 bars to the limiter right now, but havent got an oil temp gauge yet. Any ideas? I guess best is to get an oil temp gauge and see. Experiences anybody?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
did mine myself,all bits from Think Automotive
mistake i made was not having a stat in the sandwich plate,which i rectified.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JC

I didnt quite understand what you said. Did you upgrade your oil cooler yourself you said? If so, why did you? Was there a need after you had measured the oil temparature?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I think he added another one, like I have had done. They sit nicely in the air intake behind the offside front bumper!

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
claudius
to protect the possibility of the engine oil overheating,simply as overkill if you like,as i always intended to keep playing with the engine.

People seem to think i have simply turned the boost up on my car and run it dangerously close to its limits,just because i have not replaced the sacred conrod bolts !
i have a reasonable education in engines,and i personally think that the std ones are ok.
if im wrong.......it will self distruct, i can live with my own mistakes.

the additional cooler is for my peace of mind,just a little extra safety blanket,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts