Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I was wondering if any of you had suffered from oil blowing out of the filler cap, those of you with evo 1-3's preferably? I had painted the cam cover, sanded away the paint from the filler neck, now it spews oil out at a great rate of knots. Maybe the seal has gone on the oil cap, but it looks ok, although it is quite hard and i'm surprised it ever made a very good seal!. Before anyone asks also, the breather hose is not blocked at all! :cry:

·
Registered
666 Posts
hi mate my evo 3 was doin the same, bought a ralliart oil cap off ebay and it still leaked, so i put 2 oil seals in and works a traet now.. very bad fault on evo 1 to 3 , other bad fault is the oil stick blowing oil out, if it does just buy a very small o ring so its realy tight ,i put 2 on and works fantastic, do not crimp the end as said buy some peeps as in time this just takes off the rubber at the top of the dip stick and blows out again

andy

·
Registered
10 Posts
when the oil cap seal is worn does it blow **** loads of oil out same goes for dip stick or have i other problems cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts