Lancer Register Forum banner
1881 - 1896 of 1896 Posts

·
NR555
7,425 Posts
I’ve used Titan Pro for the last 10 plus years, but my work mates question was why buy the dear stuff when there is cheaper but the same specification. I couldn’t answer him other than I wouldn’t take the risk, but I’d like to know an answer

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
I've used Titan Pro for the last 10 plus years, but my work mates question was why buy the dear stuff when there is cheaper but the same specification. I couldn't answer him other than I wouldn't take the risk, but I'd like to know an answer
The cheaper stuff isnt the same ,I'm no expert on it but the cheaper ones are not the same spec even though it might appear to say they are. it's a known fact.

·
NR555
7,425 Posts
In my mind that’s what it has to be, it’s a shame oilman doesn’t frequent the forum so much now, I’d appreciate his input on this

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Evo 9, freshly built new engine with wiseco 1400hd pistons, carrillo pro h rods, and Fp zero BB turbo.
What oil and procedure would you suggest for break in, and what oil for after break in.
Mostly fast road use and highway driving.

·
Premium Member
10,777 Posts
I would take every single bit of advice from the builder. He did all the clearances and the build.

My Evo 9, freshly built new engine with wiseco 1400hd pistons, carrillo pro h rods, and Fp zero BB turbo.
What oil and procedure would you suggest for break in, and what oil for after break in.
Mostly fast road use and highway driving.

·
Registered
167 Posts
So after about 3k km it was time to change the Fuchs TITAN RACE Pro-S 5w40 with another 5lt of the same and I took a sample to send out to Blackstone.

I asked them to compare it with the sample of the Mobil 1 FS 0w40 I had previously in so I can decide which oil to use.

The report is pretty good (although it seems that the TBN on the Mobil is higher).

The elevated levels of silicon I think it's due to a recent timing chain replacement I did so maybe this could be due to engine sealant.

One more thing is that when I did that replacement, the oil had only 1500km so I asked them to keep it. What they did is they put it in a container before putting it back in the car so maybe it could have gotten contaminated from that.

Just wanted to clarify a couple of things.

Anyway, here's the report:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,887 ·
Hi,

Thanks for sharing the report. As far as I am aware, there is no silicon based additive in the Pro S, so would assume that is sealant/dust.

Cheers

Tim

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for sharing the report. As far as I am aware, there is no silicon based additive in the Pro S, so would assume that is sealant/dust.

Cheers

Tim

Thanks Tim

I'm a bit concerned that this sample was a bit contaminated so I'm going to test the one that is now in the car after 3.2k km to verify then correlate the data.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi there,

I have an Evo 8 MR 2004, it’s factory standard however I’m doing a few mods, new exhaust, ecu, boost controller etc, then ready for mapping. Would a 10w50 oil like Fuchs Titan be ok to use while servicing it and prep for the dyno ? In general is that oil ok to use ? Thanks

·
Vendor
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,891 ·
Hi, with those mods, unless it's going to be track only, or used in a hot climate, a 5w-40 would be a better option and the Fuchs Pro S is one of the very best.

Cheers

Tim

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Hi Oilman,
I have a evo 4 track car that I’m getting back on the road after some time out of use. Its still road worthy. I state getting it back on the road as it’s a new car to me so as it doesn’t run yet as I still have to get the ecu fitted and mapped so I can’t tell you what oil temp it sees!

It’s fully forged, has an additional oil cooler and will get driven very hard on track, will be driven too and from tracks with the odd bit of general road use.

It looks like a 10w50 would be a good shout, but any specific ones you could advise that have a range. Or would you recommend some other grade.

Cheers, Dave.

·
Vendor
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,895 ·
Hi,

Thanks for that.

A 10w-50 is ideal for your car and these are the ones that we stock.

The Fuchs Pro S, Millers CFS and CFS NT+, and Red Line are top quality oils. The Total is a more basic option, but still a decent oil.

Regards

Tim

1881 - 1896 of 1896 Posts