Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well iam officially in it ha! Wow how good does it soak up the bumps :D Cant belive the difference it makes,ive got a track day at oultonpark on saturday,give you the low down soon after.
Goin to get the corner weights done soon which will make it even better :coolsm:

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
moses said:
nice one corbs which one was it

the street one or the proper race one
Well there had to a compromise some where and my wallet had the last word ;) .So road and track it was,allthough Aurok said my teath would fall out if you were to use the full rally setup on the road :D

Cheers Rich

·
Premium Member
4,874 Posts
welcome to the club :beerchug:

did you go for ARB's? or top mounts?

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Just got my Rally set back from rebuild and am waiting for them to go on the car ( winter project ) along with ARB's and a complete new set of suspension arms with Ralliart bushings.

Fronts have come back with 110 Nm springs, should be interesting on the road.

Jesus this is an expensive club to be a member of. :blush:

what spring rates r u running?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dark Evo said:
welcome to the club :beerchug:

did you go for ARB's? or top mounts?
Cheers fellow ohlins dude,ive had the Arbs for a few months now and am pleased with it all,ive stuck with standard top mounts for now,see how i get on.

I think the spring rates are as stadard road and track set ,up ive got the compression rebound at 23 clicks from soft allthough i think it needs to be harder for track work ;)

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
its good stuff.

i run mine 8 clicks off full stiff at the rear and 5 at the front. seems ok for long runs on the motorway.

what springs rates did you get? mine was the ohlins recommended 45N/mm front 50 rear which seems to work very well.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
john, am confused with your spring rates Nm is a unit of torque not springyness which is measured in N/mm (can be kg/mm) or lb/in.

if you have 110 N/mm springs these are way hard and you will struggle for traction unless on a billiard table.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Oil Goon missed a /m in my eagerness

yes the car has been set for track only, the standard rate is 90 N/mm for asphalt.

I am to thinking that 110 may be a little ott but will try first to see interesting to see the road spec spring rates though.

I remember Blade saying that 90N/mm was a little soft for track

where is Claudius when you need him?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oli goon said:
its good stuff.

i run mine 8 clicks off full stiff at the rear and 5 at the front. seems ok for long runs on the motorway.

what springs rates did you get? mine was the ohlins recommended 45N/mm front 50 rear which seems to work very well.
Well after a trackday i ended up with comp/rebound fully wound in,i think its riding to high at the rear with only ten mil left on the preload wich will make it even softer so i think different springs are needed,still whoopassed a 360 moderna though :coolsm:

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jerry Flint said:
So how much this kit - just ordered a Cusco setup wuith Anti-roll bars from Steve Hills!

Wanna see how much Ohlins!
This kit came from http://www.aurok.com they can service this kit normally after 3 years,Where as Cussco you have to send back to japan. The kit was 1500 quid and they can get it really quick ;)

·
Premium Member
4,874 Posts
Jerry Flint said:
You have them fitted? Dam looks as though I'm going to have to cancel my appointment with SHM!
yes, i was one of the first evo's with this particular kit :eek:

SHM set my car up, along with front and rear Cusco ARB's, Cusco top mounts and 2 and 4 point lower cusco braces = total transformation :D

Ooooohhhh, I'm excited
nice one Pete! have fun :roll:

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pete Iles said:
Hehehehehe, I will thanks....... ;) :D

Pete
Welcome to the suspension evolution you will look back at standard evos and have a cheeky larf at them :D :beerchug:

Ohlins is probably the best suspension in the WORLD!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 198 Posts