Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
think I have just discovered that the paint on my car is made from cheese. I have had the car for 15 days and already the paint on body skirts/bumpers etc is falling off. I have a suspicious grind on the rear corner that maybe from some no good twot in a car park. and on the skirt below the drivers door is a scratch about 2 long and 5mm wide (mmm metric and imperial) must be from simply getting in or out of the car..on closer inspection the paint looks as though it is almost see through..why, surely an extra coat of paint and a laquer wouldn't put too much kerb weight on? very disappointing. If the car was balck I would be ok but reims blue may end up with black stripes.

grumble grumble

while I'm grumbling this fuel guage is doin my nut in. 180-200 miles of 80mph cruising on the A1 and guage shows empty..but will only take 35litres of fuel..am I right in assuming it has a sixty litre tank? this means nearly half a tank left should do over 300miles easy on a tank? how many litres until the light comes on?

ok grumble over...I will say this is charactor...

can't wait till thursday, central locking gets fixed...woo hoo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think the tank is 50 litres, but you are right, it shows empty before it is. Now I almost ran out of fuel the other day, so be careful even though you know it's trying to pull your leg...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read somewhere the fuel tank had baffles in it,this makes the readings on the guage useless.If you go round a bend and the fuel moves away from the sender the baffles sort of stop it returning and the guage reads nearly empty.This morning I started her up and the guage read just over half by the time I had got 1/2 a mile down the road it is down to a 1/4.I put £20 in about every 100 miles to make sure it does not run to low.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The most I ever got into my evo6 tank was 47 litres. I've found its best to wait a few seconds after the pump stops filling, then top it off so you get an extra six or more precious miles worth in.
Talking about fuel, I think that Optimax is excellent, the car seems a lot more lively (or is it just getting colder now).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts