Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my Makinen serviced yesterday.

They have a silver VI in for sale in the showroom.

Sitting on the windscreen was a small flyer for £1000 of extras when you purchase any new EVO VI.

Also noticed another flyer inviting new owners to a rally when they buy a new EVO VI.

Probably a good time to negotiate hard with a dealer for a discount.

I get the impression they are struggling to sell GSRs (Makinens are selling well apparantly)

Cheers

MIP

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Of course they are having trouble!
Who wants to buy an already out dated model especially when I have seen Grey Import E7's available for as little as £26k new.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm changing my 4 for a 6 at the moment because I'm getting what I think is a very good deal on my 4. But even though the 7 is soon to be available at what looks like a very good price it's still difficult to get any dealers to move on prices for a 6. Problem is I think they have paid a certain amount for their 6's and don't want to make a loss. It's not until dealers start paying less for 6's that you will start to see them asking for less.

MIP, where did you see these cars for sale?

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ralliart now have a handful of GSR's left. However, CCC who took over distribution of the Makinen have large stocks available and dealers will offer further discounts on them. they will be payinmg people to take Maks by September.

Ralliart should have their first 7 within the next couple of weeks. Should be interesting to see what extras they come up with for it!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been toying with the idea of changing my 99 imported E6 for a new UK Makinen. The local Mitsi garage said that they are not overly keen to take an import in PX because they can't get warranties or finance on them. They also said that all new Maks are coming from Mitsi UK NOT Ralliart. If I can get to less than £10k to change the car for a canal blue Mak, I might well do it. But best so far is £12k. I'll wait until they are desparate to sell them and try and get a better price.

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Judging by some of the prices of the Evo VII you'd probably get a new one for well below your current £12k change figure. Not all the importers will do p/ex but the likes of Warrender will.

Kevin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Grey 7 @£27k otr inc alarm and amp; cd, or £1k off a Tommi @ how much!!-not really a difficult decision for me! If you want a bargain 6 just wait til the summer ( romour has it still 200 left?) but dont wait too long until the only ones left are in boring white!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SGT in taplow/maidenhead

Silver 6 new

Black 6 second hand with 19 BBS wheels plus other bits for 23 something ( I think)
traded against an exige (think it was someone on here)
Cheers

MIP

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I cycle past my local Mits garage every day and I've often wondered what they would do if I wandered in with a suitcase full with £28k worth of £50s for their red Mak (ticket: £33k)

Think they would take it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
id bank on the best blow job ever thrown in too
even a shiny posh garage needs a healthy turnover
secondhand 6,s will be very cheap this autumn,very cheap

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
actEvo, boring white. You must be the only person I have heard saying that. I think if you check the polls done on the evo, white is actually quite a popular colour.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
actEvo,

If you'd seen the 7 in the flesh you wouldn't want one, trust me. OK you might want one, but you wouldn't swap a 6 for one. It looks more like a Lexus than a rally car, OK for a company car but not what I want as a second car for playing in at the weekends.

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Makattack,

White is a popular colour, however there is an element of beggars can't be choosers. In Japan white is very popular, something like 50% (prepared to be corrected) of the run for each Evo is white. This inevitably leads to a high degree of white cars coming to the UK as other colours become unavailable sooner. You tend to find that for new cars in the UK (from my experience with greys) all the other colours go first. Bit of a Henry Ford - you can have an Evo, as long as it's white):

Kevin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What is the favourite colour for MAKs red or white only ever seen one white lot of red and a few black?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Adrian

I totally agree the 7 isn`t derived from the WRC car, its no more a rally car than the new scooby, Larger and amp; heavier with softer suspension this becoming a car for the company boys.

The last and best of the rally specials will be the E6 I can`t wait to run down the 7`s on trackday`s. [ lambs to the slaugther ]

Who gives a **** about the quality of the plastic interior when your sideways @ 100mph.

The so called road test in Autocar was a load of ********, mind you it must be hard to slate something when you have been given the first drive!

Just my personal rantings as an adrenalin junkie.

see ya Dave.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know from bad experience that white is not the colour to go for.

Four year sago I bought a white TVR Chimaera.

Great till someone one day said “nice car – crap colour”.

Sticks and stones and all that

Then I came to sell it.

Had a dealer offer me £24K until he checked with his boss.

They wouldn’t even touch it, nor would any other dealers.

Eventually sold privately for £21K.

Colour does make a difference, especially if its white and you want to sell the car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The RS version only comes in white, same as the Subaru STI-RA.
Maybe in Japan, race cars are supposed to be white ?
Maybe white does not retain heat as much as black and thus make the run cooler. http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >
Or white is easy to paint over.

Black is the nicest color, i think and the most discreet for the Evos, since it hides the vents and lines of the car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Japanese like white simply because white is considered very lucky by the Japanese society. That is why most cars are produced in white.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TVR in white, now that is crap. But white on an Evo looks good, I guess it depends on the car and the shade of white. BMW do a nice white on the new 3 series but then again could you imagine a white Ferrari. Colour is down to the individual so if white is your colour so be it.

Extreme is White/Silver, so why would Ralliart produce their most 'extreme' model in a colour that people don't like. I think that speaks for itself.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts