Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how to properly store the OEM exhaust? Someone told me you need to pour something a little bit fat in there, like diesel so the cat would not dry out or sthg. Does anyone know if there are particulat measures to be taken to store an exhaust? Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't there's anything special except to store it in a dry place. My OEM exhaust is fine and nothing has happened to it since I've had in my garage. Your not storing a rifle you know...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do not put anything in the catalytic converter.
They are easily contaminated.
As Micheal K says - a nice dry home is all it asks for.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ditto to Michael.
on't put anything in the exhaust, especially the CAT, unless you want to risk ruining it! It might be worth standing the exhaust upright for while in case any condensation remains inside it but otherwise just stick it in a dry place to prevent rusting.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Claudius,
Remove the cat and wrap it in waxed paper , like the stuff used 4 packing roller bearings etc , then keep it in your house.
The rest of the system can be protected with a special spray on liquid designed 2 protect from moisture , use this on the inside 2.
This wud be if yr garage suffers from condensation , but I s'pose this isn't a problem in the south of France

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shut up MAXI! http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/happy1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Thanks guys. I thought maybe the exhaust could dry out, but you seem to be saying it could be attacked by moisture. Not that much of an issue here, but it gets quite humid sometimes...
I'll need the exhaust earliest in 4 years for the MOT or whatever you call it in the UK. But as they dont normally check for emissions, it should be ok. Hope the Hyper Muffler is not tooo noisy...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts