Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As per the title really, car through up and engine light this morning although it seems to be running fine, so just wanted to see what the issue was.

Where would you recommend I get one - could really do with getting it today rather than ordering from eBay?

Many thanks

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
I'd recommend a paperclip first, read off your error codes.

I have one here for 35p delivered.

Paperclip located in Glasgow.

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
Do Halfords not sell them?

I know you can buy them off Amazon, I bought mine from a hardware store in the car section in Germany. Best £40 I've spent.

·
... now with more Bang :)
17,839 Posts
I'd recommend a paperclip first, read off your error codes.

I have one here for 35p delivered.

Paperclip located in Glasgow.
:lol: cheap that :smthumbup

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
If it's thrown up a light so soon after getting it mapped I'd have a quick word with Lee or Bob first.

Andy

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Some OBD been discussed @ http://lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=473441 as well.

I gotten one of these (below) and using together with the Torque-BHP app on my Android tablet. Even though I haven't really put it throught it's paces yet, I can get around 6 readings per second measuring 17 sensors.

Attachments

·
Registered
561 Posts
hi ecp are selling the easydiag obd11 device it costs £30.00 and the 39 dollars for every make application it shoes live data fault codes it can read engine transmission abs srs etc etc. good bit of kit works with android or ios devices

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My pal came round and read the fault code, it was P2040 for the O2 sensor, we reset it and all seems to be good, took the car out for a blast and its not come back on.

I have bought an OBDII dongle but just wondered what software you are all using to read your codes before I got and buy or download something.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
My pal came round and read the fault code, it was P2040 for the O2 sensor, we reset it and all seems to be good, took the car out for a blast and its not come back on.

I have bought an OBDII dongle but just wondered what software you are all using to read your codes before I got and buy or download something.
For Android I use Torque which is like 3 quid but there is also a free/test version that gives errorcodes but can't measure all PID's. It gives most (probably all) codes for the X. Others are known to use a MUTII or MUTIII but that is basically a 1500 quid piece of hardware and you need a laptop to accompany it in the car.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Android user here, been using Torque for nearly 4 years, read codes from Mazda RX8, Evo X, Merc C200, also able to clear the codes as well. If I want more in depth I use my ECUTEK ProECU software and cable

Sent from a Galaxy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts