Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going with a few mates too the nurburgring in april :) , can any recommend a hotel close to it with good car parking?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
go to the ringhaus, i'd highly recommend. There's good parking, the hotel is only a couple of hundred yards from the track entrance. There is even a mini garge on site of hotel to change your tyres or do repairs. :smthumbup the website to look up if your going is the Ben lovejoy website. On it, it has recommendations for almost everything. hope this helps

http://nurburgring.org.uk/

·
Registered
338 Posts
donkevo said:
I am going with a few mates too the nurburgring in april :) , can any recommend a hotel close to it with good car parking?
Dorint Hotel - right by the track. Lovely Hotel and bar if you have the budget :sleep:

·
Registered
295 Posts
donkevo, if you don't mind me asking, is there alot of you's going to the Ring, from Ireland... Would love to go... Drop me a PM if ya want....

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is 3 cars with 2 or 3 people in each, going for the easter weekend the track is open 8am to 730pm all weekend

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
donkevo said:
There is 3 cars with 2 or 3 people in each, going for the easter weekend the track is open 8am to 730pm all weekend
I hope you enjoy the trip mate, and that you get some good clear track time as the Ring at Easter Weekend is very busy.

I'm only jealous as I cant go because I'm working :mad:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Can highly recommend the Motorsport Hotel also, the food is second to none !

The Pit Lane is a little quieter for sleeping though.

Both are just up the road from the entrance.

·
Premium Member
10,765 Posts
Planning a trip there myself this year. Is it busy there all the time?, when would be the best of the year time to go?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
gordon7987 said:
Planning a trip there myself this year. Is it busy there all the time?, when would be the best of the year time to go?
Not Easter ! And basically try to avoid normal UK bank holiday weekends is about the best advice I can give.....however they tend to be the best times for it being open longest.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Visiting Nurburgring Nordschleife

Well Pete is correct about Easter being busy but any 'petrolhead' who wants to soak up the atmosphere and see the broadest range of cars and supercars - the modified, the rare and the unbelievable - then Easter is a good time to go

If you go accepting that it will be crowded then you can plan laps to quieter parts of the day

If you avoid UK b/h periods then you can still get crowds due to the rest of Europe being at the track and then other weekends with F1 track events also attract crowds so you can still end up at a busy Ring w/e

If you absolutely hate crowds and queues then go midweek

Chris

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yeah Chris is spot on with that......Easter does bring a massive array of cars to the Ring.

It may not be the best time to go on track if it's your first time, as it gets so busy, but you will certainly have fun !

I have been 3 times, and I don't care when I go......it's awesome ;)

Next trip is planned for the w/e of 26th May - and maybe a visit to Spa on the 29th with you guys :)

·
Premium Member
10,765 Posts
Would like top do it this year for the experience. Bit of a hike for me though from the the north of Scotland. I think there is a ferry from Central Scotland which would cut the mileage abit. Hope I won't be :sick:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Ferry from up ther to Holland/Belguim may be quite expensive

If you can manage it do the drive to Dover but not at warp speed otherwise in the Evo you could be out of money before you reach the M25

Choose a date, see if others going and have a fun first visit with some people who know the journey and the place

Ask RichW, he got a helping hand and now we cannot keep him away!

Chris

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Booked the hotel tonight, a lot of places were full . Hotel An Der Nordschleife anyone stayed there?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Not stayed myself but Edgar Mathey, the owner, is a Ring enthusiast so lots of support if help/advice needed about the Ring/region/problems

1 - 20 of 30 Posts