Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that someone on here makes up number plates, but couldn't get the serach to match anything.

Whoever it was, can you still make the 'old style' plates, 'cos everywhere i go, they tell me that they're all the new '51/52' type with smaller lettering?

Also, I seem to remember that the left hand edge where the 'eu' or 'gb' bit goes, can be got with the three red diamonds.

Any help anyone?

I need some plates!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You could try www.gtgrafix.co.uk - I got mine there some months back and amp; have no complaints. Dont think they can do the red triangle anymore though - trade mark infringement or something.

Darryl.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try Ian Palmer, not sure about the red triangles though, I think Evoboy was the one who got them done. The slightly smaller sizing is now a legal requirement on all newly produced number plates but I suspect Iain maybe able to help you out on that ;)
Have a look here for the old thread and my car in the members cars bit for his handiwork.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everybody now who makes no plates has to be licensed and also display either the postcode of the plate maker or postcode of the car supplier, So if there is odd spacing or funny writing (making a 5 look like a S) it can be traced back and someone can be prosucuted.
There are now only certain size plates that can be used and a std lettering for all.
Also a lot clearer for the cameras to read.

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Me being a blonde bimbo and all that - i am after some new plates also for the new evo 4...

can i still put writing at the bottom of the plate if so am i allowed to put MLR ( obviously it will be the full words ) or is that classed as advertising?? Call me strange but wouldnt want to break the law :;

Debs

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Idea here MLR to supply no plates with MLR logo some money to be made for club should,nt be to hard to organise, Deal is made with supplier customer rings supplier direct and pays by card plates in post supplier pays MLR commision

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again, Colin :)
If anyone wants more info just e-mail me and amp;lt;[email protected] and amp;gt; or have a look here:
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/regplates/myhomepage/business.html
Cost for a standard plate is £7.50.
Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just a quickie, can you just get hold of the yellow/ white reflective backing, some pre-cut letters and red diamonds and a slice of makralon? you could have whatever you like then..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts