Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,560 Posts
That heart attack few days didnt look good with the wall of silence /lack of facts of her true condition ......
The veil of the dark side is truly upon us :cry:

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
What ****es me off is peoples bizzare fascination with "famous" people dying as if its more of a shame than anyone else.......... people die every ****ing day and nobody gives a ****...somebody famous dies and suddenly everyone jumps on the "oh my god I can believe _____ died....such a tragedy" band wagon......the media do it too but they just use it for free advertising.

Say a musician dies......then they seem to be everyone's favorite all of a sudden. People are lame as ****.....off you go and buy your George micheal t shirt or.....whoever.

Folk die....yeah....shame.....happens to us all sooner or later and its strange that death is still a taboo subject in the west given how often it happens.

AND.....Who decided that dying was the worst possible thing that can happen on you? I disagree.

Everything that has a beginning, has an end.

Merry Christmas

·
Hi
7,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No fascination, just shocked at the amount of high profile people, tbh I couldn't give a ****, a lot of these deaths are probably caused by perscription drug abuse anyhow.

·
Durgo
886 Posts
What ****es me off is peoples bizzare fascination with "famous" people dying as if its more of a shame than anyone else.......... people die every ****ing day and nobody gives a ****...somebody famous dies and suddenly everyone jumps on the "oh my god I can believe _____ died....such a tragedy" band wagon......the media do it too but they just use it for free advertising.

Say a musician dies......then they seem to be everyone's favorite all of a sudden. People are lame as ****.....off you go and buy your George micheal t shirt or.....whoever.

Folk die....yeah....shame.....happens to us all sooner or later and its strange that death is still a taboo subject in the west given how often it happens.

AND.....Who decided that dying was the worst possible thing that can happen on you? I disagree.

Everything that has a beginning, has an end.

Merry Christmas
I don't believe it's a bizarre fascination more so that someone you maybe 'grew up with' as a kid strikes a chord when they pass away.

I remember when I was a kid when music or film stars passed away and it was mentioned on the news my parents would always 'sigh' or make a comment about what a shame it was. At the time I never really understood. But as time has gone on I now understand.

I was never a fan of George Michael (honestly:angel:) but he has been in the public eye since I was at school and so is someone I am more than aware of. I believe he did a lot of charity work and 53 is no age to shuffle off, so for me it is a shame. Again Carrie Fisher was one that resonates with me. As a big star wars fan she is someone that I've 'known' since being a kid - Empire Strikes Back was the first film I saw at the cinema (gives away age) with my old man. So for me it is a real shame she has passed away and again 60 aint very old.

I must say I don't get the hysterical types that feel the need to queue for hours for the funeral of a famous person or member of the royal family and throw flowers on the hearse as it passes by - not wishing to sound disrespectful or owt.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
I don't believe it's a bizarre fascination more so that someone you maybe 'grew up with' as a kid strikes a chord when they pass away.

I remember when I was a kid when music or film stars passed away and it was mentioned on the news my parents would always 'sigh' or make a comment about what a shame it was. At the time I never really understood. But as time has gone on I now understand.

I was never a fan of George Michael (honestly:angel:) but he has been in the public eye since I was at school and so is someone I am more than aware of. I believe he did a lot of charity work and 53 is no age to shuffle off, so for me it is a shame. Again Carrie Fisher was one that resonates with me. As a big star wars fan she is someone that I've 'known' since being a kid - Empire Strikes Back was the first film I saw at the cinema (gives away age) with my old man. So for me it is a real shame she has passed away and again 60 aint very old.

I must say I don't get the hysterical types that feel the need to queue for hours for the funeral of a famous person or member of the royal family and throw flowers on the hearse as it passes by - not wishing to sound disrespectful or owt.
looks like carrie fisher's mother has just died :rotz:....shame your not up now watching TV ? bbc news HARD TALK..is showing an old interview about her ? did you know star wars wanted her to lose weight for her role as they thought her seven stone weight was too heavy for her role :shake: most women these days look the double of the late john candy :crackup:

·
Durgo
886 Posts
looks like carrie fisher's mother has just died :rotz:....shame your not up now watching TV ? bbc news HARD TALK..is showing an old interview about her ? did you know star wars wanted her to lose weight for her role as they thought her seven stone weight was too heavy for her role :shake: most women these days look the double of the late john candy :crackup:
Oh yeah.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts