Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the next couple of days i should have some pics of RDD 511W,which was my dads company car when he worked for colt cars HQ as parts manager in the early 80;s.it was a normal 1600gsr or so u would think,other than the fact it had a lower ratio rear axle,a group 1 spec engine (as per the lancer touring cars of barrie williams and dave morgan of 1980/81 season),a horrible set of alley cat alloy wheels and an awesome sounding exhaust system!and i remember my mum absolutely hated it,but my mates on the school run used to think my dad was some kind of hero,especially when we got to look around the group A LT rally cars after the RAC rally at the colt cars HQ,awesome,as a kid anyway!!!
id love to know it this car is still around somewhere,have many happy memories of being a 14/15 year old being driven around by my dad like a complete loony in the days pre speed cameras up and down the fosse way to mallory and donington watching the touring car series in the days of rovers and capris!in fact my best ever run in it,other than the track days colt cars used to run and being driven around oulton and the original silverstone with chicane was having a race back from mallory against a rover vitesse and keeping up with up and actually ovetaking at one point and ****ing ourselves at the vitesse drivers look of disbelief having been blown away by a mere 1600 colt!! lol bearing in mind it was running 130bhp at the wheels which in 1981 was a hell of a lot considering the wimpy bhp the lancer gsr put out as standard!
last we heard RDD511w and 510 were sold to someone in scotland,id pay top dollar for one of these cars now!!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts