Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all..... Currently i do not own a evo. How ever i own A 2wd sapphire cosworth.
Over the last few weeks ive been giving some serious thought into parting with it after many years of ownership and a full restoration im simply falling out of love with it.
If i do part with it i need to replace it with something thats going to put the fun factor back into driving. Im pretty convinced that im barking up the rite tree by looking at evo 8.... The cossy is a stage 3+ set up running 28psi giving around 357bhp and 345ftlbs. The question is which model would i be better off going for an would i be making the rite choice

·
Registered
174 Posts
Keep the cossy! It will get you more money in the long run. I don’t know a unhappy cossy owner to date. The smiles to gallon in those are unreal!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive had the cossy since 2001 ive done a full nut and bolt restoration on it and before that was used as a daily..... Im not unhappy with the car im unhappy with what its becoming. The price of parts and availability is now getting ridiculous i guess im just being priced out of ownership and want something i can get out the garage and use and not worry about parking it up. If that makes sense

·
ave it
853 Posts
I went from cossie to evo 5 a while back and never really regretted it , yeah the ford is worth more money in the long run but to many people want to nick them for parts etc and for me the fun factor just out weights the sitting in the garage
Yes the evos are going up in value and in a few years will probably end up in the same predicament but until then ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went from cossie to evo 5 a while back and never really regretted it , yeah the ford is worth more money in the long run but to many people want to nick them for parts etc and for me the fun factor just out weights the sitting in the garage
Yes the evos are going up in value and in a few years will probably end up in the same predicament but until then ?
Thats exactly the issue mate it cant be used and enjoyed due to light fingered idiots who cant afford to buy one. Its annoying and frustrating. Its alot of money tied up in summat you cant enjoy.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't be overly rushing out to buy an Evo either :lol:
Cant be as bad as cosworth tax mate.... I need a steering column cowl.. Last one i seen for sale sold for 285 quid for two poxy bits of plastic... If i break tje gearbox your talking 1500 for a used one. 2/3 grand for a head its endless lol. I understand evos aint cheap by any means and if i expected that id be looking at totally different cars lol

·
Premium Member
10,627 Posts
No mate they’re not that crazy. And won’t ever be, however they are still silly money for stuff. It does take the fun out of it a bit. Best advice is to go in to it to have fun rather than try and make money.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No mate they're not that crazy. And won't ever be, however they are still silly money for stuff. It does take the fun out of it a bit. Best advice is to go in to it to have fun rather than try and make money.
Thats exactly my thoughts on it too. I never thought sapphs would hit this kind of point when all said and done its still only a sierra lol

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I really wasnt expecting folls here having so much love for a ropey old ford :crackup:
I own a Red Evo 5 but love the saphs also. This is my mates original apart from exhaust. Great car and still under estimated on the road.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Your rite its definitely a tough call one im really struggling to make. It makes sense to sell it and move forward though
Its not a bad move to make in many ways. I always think of the Evo as a more modern Cossy tbh. They still have some of the Raw feel the Cosworths do and still attract admiration in a similar way these days.
I was at the Ring in Sept in mine and had convinced the wife to go for one and she couldn't believe the amount of interest the Evo got above all the far more expensive stuff there which always happens......
It is more useable overall tbh.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That makes perfect sense mate. And i totally agree about being a modern day cossy they tick all the rite boxes tbh and really are a more usable car. For the foreseeable future lol. I know ill regret selling the cossy but will i regret not using it even more??? Its alot of money tied up to just look at

1 - 20 of 24 Posts