Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been insured with Norwich Union for the last three years and in the exclusions section it didn't state about excluding track use. My new policy has just come through for the Evo and the exclusions clause has suddenly grown to say no track use of any form basically! I spoke to my broker as I've not been informed of any changes and am waiting to hear back from them.
In the mean time I phoned NU and asked them about it. I spoke to one of the Supervisors and he said that as of 1st August 2001 they changed the policies for obvious reasons as people were claiming for accidents which happened on track. I told them that I've not been informed by my broker and said surely my policy can't change without prior notification and again he said it's for me to take up with my broker as they were all informed about this. If I want insurance for track day cover with NU it will now cost £80 per day for a car worth £20k. Doing several per year, it'd soon mount up if you want cover!
Has anyone else come across this or got round the problem by being insured with another company that covers track days?
I'd be grateful for your comments!

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have had Trackday cover with my normal N.U. policy for many years at no extra cost.The last trackday I did was Donnington on Nov 5th and amp; my broker they sent me a cover note through for the day as normal, so I am a little puzzled if they say they stopped in August!
I definetly think N.U. do different deals for different brokers.

Paul.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What NU were saying is that any policies renewed after August would have the exclusions added. I'm surprised to hear that you've asked for extra cover and never had to pay extra for it. It will be interesting to hear what your policy says when your renewal comes through!
Cheers
Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
Norwich Union have told me the same thing, and they have assured me it will be on all policies from renewals August 2001 onwards.

You can add on trackday cover for about 3 days in the year, and the cost is £50 |PLS| IPT (Insurance Premium Tax) They will do more, but everytime you have to refer it to them with a phone call. The excess is also increased and by how much depends on the age and value of the car.

Its been a real pain in the ar?e, but thats Norwich Union for you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been with NU since 1999 and doing trackdays back in '99 I always had to pay 50 quid per day. Apparently it depends on who your broke is as I know lots of people who never had to pay any surcharge. I'm high risk as well - even in my own driveway apparently :( .

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At last I got an answer from my broker about this. They said I got the wrong renewal policy and I got one that was for any new policies started in 2002!
After all that it has been confirmed that I am insured for track days as long as there isn't any racing, time trials or competing. They've asked me to send some details of the events to reassure them, which shouldn't be too hard to do.

So after all that I got a result and am covered until end of Sept 2002.

Jackal - I'd check it out if I was you, save you a lot of money in the end!

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts