Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellow Evo Lovers

It seems we have a problem in our area:(I see a enough Evo's about saw one today going through Old Trafford, Manchester a white 6?
Should we not show the rest of the country we do exist, I know I see a few of you at RC and Oulton but it is also a good excuse for a beer:) http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tonguewink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

Anyway lets have a show of hands and arrange something:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A few of us used to meet up once a month and go for a bit of a sunday drive. Usually ended up at Devil's Bridge. haven't done it for a bit though, due to track days etc. oh and Kevin, and Stephen have sold their cars....

Anyway I'm up for it. Sunday would be best, with a spot of lunch somewhere. Alternatively, we could have a drive out to York next time there's a day on at Elvington. anybody who doesn't want to go on track could come out as pasengers?

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Adrain,
It would be good for another run out but I need a new clutch first because mine is slipping :(
If we're arranging a meet in the meantime for something other than a run out then I'd be interested in popping along. Spotted an Icelle Blue E6 near where I work in Birchwood, Warrington the other day but don't know who it was...

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where are you all based in the N West? I am in Cheshire but my Business is in Manchester.

Maybe we could meet somewhere local and then arrange a trip to York, I have never been there before.
Everywhere else but not there, I believe it is a great place.

Have we got anymore Evo's in our area there must be?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Evo`ers
Im in preston lancs, with a red tme. How about a karting event at speedkarting in warrington? Maybe we could challenge the scooby boys to a duel. Its just another idea. Regards, SIMON.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everybody just passed a blue Evo 6 parked up near Middlewich parked up anybody on the Board?

Hi Dafydd your from my old neck of the woods hence my name as in Dragon.

Simakinen Karting would be good either there or Daytona in Manchester maybe we could arrange a special deal I will find out how many people we would need.
I'm a member of the Manchester Chamber I believe I get a discount because of it, will look into it.

Lets see if we can drum up a few more:)

See the North West is Alive to the sound of Evo's

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Guys,
I'm based in Warrington and went karting at speedkarting last weekend with a load of people from Scoobynet. It was the first time I've ever been karting and it was absolutely superb. The organistion was spot on and they even allowed the slower people to go around on their own during practice to get their confidence up.
I'd be up for a meet to head across to York as well. I'm originally from the North East and so have been to York quite a few times and it is a gorgeous place to go and visit.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AndyF
Did you enjoy yourself at Speedkarting? Ive been quite a lot and am always pleased to see that everyone enjoys themselves as much as i do. Did they have the new karts for you to use as the old ones were getting a bit tired? Regards, SIMON.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Simon,
They looked fairly new but as I've never been karting before in my life, I couldn't say exactly. Like I said in my previous post, the day out was superb. We did the heats/final package on the main track but didn't use the raised overhead section or the banked hairpin but I believe that these cost extra.

By the way, I spotted a silver Evo 6 this lunchtime at Asda in Birchwood again (bloody common around here aren't they.....) Anyone on here?

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You went speedkarting with my mate, he orginized it, Andy, the guy who sadly drive that blue P1 one thing! :) And a few other lads i know, john and eliot are also pub going freinds of mine! I couldnt make it on saturday, i was supposed to go along! :/

BTW I am from the Wirral so i am classed as North West! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re:North West Meet FAO AndyF

FAO AndyF
Ahhh yours was the RSX at SpeedKarting? Was having a good look at that! Didn't know who you were though. I was the chap who got 2nd place!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Guys

Sorry not had chance to enquire about karting would any of you guys who been to Warrington enquire about there.

2 Evo 6 in 1 night wow we are getting popular both silver w reg 1 seen at JJB Soccer Dome,Trafford Park at about 8pm I was playing at 8.30pm?

The other one was on my way back home came off at Junction 19 Knutsford as I was crossing it turned off toward Knutsford .

Are you anyone on the forum?

Lets see if we can get to double figures Djack living on the Wirral is N west unless my business partner has moved.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dragon,
I'll see what I can pick up this weekend from Speedkarting about events and numbers etc...

Dave,
I was the big tall one with Su (the only female driver). She loved it even though she was the only girl and she still managed to beat one of the blokes so she was v. happy. Especially as she has lost some of her cornering confidence after spinning the Evo before Christmas.

Spotted a reims blue Evo 6 again in Asda carpark at lunchtime. If he's there tomorrow then I'm going to wait and find out who he is and get him into the MLR and our North West meet.....

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AndyF
I think youv`e just volunteered to sort out the North west meet at Speedkarting. Fantastic. The number for Speedkarting is 01925 415114. Ask to speak to Caroline and what you want to ask for is an open grand prix. This means that they will fit us in with another party of drivers, so we can book as many places or as little places as we like.The only down side to this is that they will want a deposit from you so we will have to be sure that everyone who says they are coming does actually turn up. Looking forward to it already. Regards SIMON.
p.s. The above grand prix allows the use of the whole track. including hairpin and flyover.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Guys

AndyF if you could check out [email protected] that would be great.

I believe that RC is moving soon from Warrington to Northwich with Warrenders.
Andy do they look after your car as your local?

See you soon hopefully

Dale

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Right then chaps and chapesses,
The North West scooby lot are arranging another karting day out on possibly the first weekend in April which is just after Easter. Anyone fancy joining in with them. I was the only Evo last time and it was good fun.
They are planning on hiring the full circuit including the overhead section so that should make it a bit more interesting...http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tonguewink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > And it also means that we get the place to ourselves and don't have to share it with other people.

Let me know if you're interested

Cheers

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hello Andy
Im up for it. Can also get 6 or 7 others if need be [ not evo owners ].Cracking day out, especially beating Scooby owners. Regards, SIMON

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.