Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been on their website and thats what they claim from secret engine mods and a Jun 2.2L stroker kit.

Does anyone know more about the spec of it (i.e what turbo?). Look at the website to see

http://www.norrisdesigns.com

Click the demo cars link for more info.

I am NOT promoting the company, I am just curious to find out how a company with no background of tuning Evo's can claim this. ( I assume the car was tested on InterPro's rolling road, Simon Norris's mate !)

Hmmmm.................

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there was a review of one of there nissans (i think), a couple of months back in banzai.

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They don't do Honda's. They started with Nissan 200sx's, then onto GTiR's and now Evo's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know thats why i went in a changed my message :(

the car featured was the 200sx i think...

lee

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aint got a clue wether the power is true or not. most things sound impressive on paper though. I made one of these conversions on a red none stripe TME a few months back. 585bhp and 2 much torque, werent to difficult to do, with slicks and ayc controller handles like a dream ;)

O yeh forgot to mention dis all took place in GT3 :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I spent quite abit of money with ND on a 200sx i had a couple of years back.Seems an o.k., bloke to talk to, though one day i was after an uprated fuel pump, and couldnt get in touch with him, turns out he had an important client who was having problems at a track day so he had to leave the office ......so left me to think he was a one man band outfit.
Which also brings me onto the fact that he sold me a chip and uprated turbo actuator, only to then tell me when i rang up a couple of days later to complain that it wasnt running right that 90% of cars required the uprated pump aswell! ..... i mean, why not say that when i rang up initally asking about improving the performance of the car? possibly scared he would frighten me off with the price of the chip/actuator plus pump?

Felt like a fly that had been caught in a spiders web at the time, though didnt prevent me buying uprated shiocks/springs a month later :D

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like to see anyone measure that sort of BHP on a R/R, can you imagine the heat build up. Figures from a bench dyno please, now we might believe that :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've just some info regarding the spec of this car.

It has been built to exact same specs as the JUN Hyper Lemon Evo 5. Maybe thats why they claim 580bhp. They would be using the TD06-25g turbo as JUN do. Apparently it has been setup for 1/4 miles yet will top out at 190mph due to the gearing and diffs.

I would like to see this proven !!

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The JUN was measured at the Drift Challenge in Germany at 510 hp. With the mandatory CAT! :D

I though they used a T088? Or is that the same thing as a TD06 25g? Getting really confused with a ll these different turbo names. Is there a website where you can find info on turbo sizes etc?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Takakaira lists all the turbos and prices.

http://www.takakaira.com

Once in the website, click on the performance parts link on the left. Then scroll down on the left until you reach the GReddy or Trust link. Once you click that, the main screen will open with a few options. On one of the little menus choose the turbine or turbo kit links and they'll put you to the right pages.

JUN don't use the T88, its too big and wouldn't boost until 4500 - 5000rpm. They use the TD06-25G which is rated for up to 550ish bhp. The T88 is rated up to 800bhp.

Si

1 - 12 of 12 Posts