Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
... all going well.

Greetings to all, Ket here, 24 years old from Hampshire. My background with cars right now is v limited (had a license for under a year:blah:) but am excited to and very serious about picking up a new hobby and becoming a legitimate enthusiast. After much deliberation and speaking to a few friends who are very knowledgable on cars I've decided the evo is a perfect platform for me on which to enter this world and will do all I can to educate myself as I go.

As such I want to keep it simple for now to match my current level of inexperience, and am currently in the market for an Evo IX FQ-360 with minimal mods and as little mileage as possible. Tomorrow (saturday) afternoon I will be driving to Mitsu Motors Chertsey to take a look at this vehicle->
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/MITSUBISHI+LANCER/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-240-4294966675-4294967258/advert.action?R=200731292315804&distance=50&channel=CARS&make=MITSUBISHI&model=LANCER&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=2007&vehicleRegLetter=07%22]http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/MITSUBISHI+LANCER/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-240-4294966675-4294967258/advert.action?R=200731292315804&distance=50&postcode=PO14+4LF&channel=CARS&make=MITSUBISHI&model=LANCER&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=2007&vehicleRegLetter=07

What do you think, would it be a good buy? Anything a newbie needs to be aware of or needs to look out for? Maybe members here may even know something about the history of the LJ07 APX reg vehicle?

Anyway I'm really glad such an amazing website/enthusiast community like this exists and I will definitely be applying for membership as soon as I make a purchase, which will be hopefully no longer than a month absolute tops if not much sooner. Despite my age which i suspect to be lower than the average age of a MLR member (confirm/deny?) I promise I am not a 'chavvy boy racer' and won't be someone who brings bad reputation to evo owners:) Strictly a mature wannabe enthusiast here who is excited at the wealth of info and resources here as well as the chance to interact with experienced enthusiasts. Hope to attend some MLR driver training days, trackdays and meets in future! That's all for now, will keep this updated when I do make a purchase. Thanks for reading

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
ahh nice thanks for the headsup m8, not sure how I missed that one.. I'll have to make a last min call when I wake up in the morning (err... afternoon;)) to head to swindon instead of chertsey:p Hopefully they let me actually test DRIVE it too.. chertsey were only willing to let me be a 'test passenger' anyway since their insurance only covers age 30+.

Thanks for the link Bigpete, I actually saw that one before while just browsing around on here a little, although I feel really uneasy about buying something so used and modified given my current lack of experience or knowledge, and would really value keeping it simpler for now and going with something that'll more likely give me more breathing and learning time before it starts to give me problems that require attention (not to mention be much less hassle for getting insurance!), and am pretty prepared and comfortable with paying the extra price premium for a newer and closer to stock example for these reasons.. do you think im burning money given this? or not too bad?

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Have you had a good look around mate there are alot of good deals around at the min for 23k you could get an mrfq360 with lowish miles and standard.
The important thing is you buy something you want, there will be alot of people telling you this model is better than this etc etc.
If its a 9 360 you want just try and find the best deal you can imo this is a good model to go for i very nearly bought one before i got my 8 :smthumbup

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
No mate,its an ex mitsubishi fleet car,driven by employees of Mitsubishi uk.They dont bother looking after them quite as well as one of us might,if you get my drift.;)

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Hi mate,

Welcome to the MLR, the largest car club in the UK for Evo enthusiasts! There are many wide range of opinions all pretty much any subject regarding Evo's. If you not sure about a new set of wheels your looking at then start a thread asking for everyone's opinions, you could even ask GordonM to photoshop them on to an image first so you can see what they would look like before you spend and actual money.

With you budget I'm be more drawn toward one of the low mileaged 9 MR's that are out there, a far better spec'd car, loads of carbon fibre and harder to find than the standard FQ's as there are less of them. :smthumbup There are also some nice examples for sale on this site if you select the for sales section (look down on the left on the home page!) There are some very nice well sorted motors in there. :smthumbup

If your looking to tune an Evo, and I've also got a 9 and in my opinion it's cruel and a crying shame not to get them to the 400/400 mark as it's so simple to do from the 360 mark and the money is not to bad cost wise. There are many recognised tuners out there and the one's that matter are connect with the MLR on this website and they are shown under their user name as "MLR Trader".

Anyway, just a short welcome and a list of a few of the benefits of being part of one of the largest most active Car Clubs in the UK. :smthumbup

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
19,543 Posts
Welcome to the MLR, given the Post code on the add (you may want to remove this) you are local to me.

There are a lot of Evo's around at a very good price at the minute, if they are offering 0% it show how bad sales are.
Have you tried Brighton Mitsi to see if they have anything available? They are one of the most recommended dealers.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks a lot for replies, i appreciate everyones feedback.

marksmart unfortunately the only MR at all near me is the one at melksham for significantly more miles and a higher price than all normal fq360s ive looked into. hope im not making a big mistake ruling it out based on this. i'll look into tuning somewhere in the future but need to get my driving close to enough to make the most of 'just' 360 for now.. not to mention the car already scares me enough:D

Anyhou I'm excited to say I hopefully should be picking up the really low mileage one at swindon that Bez linked. I just put a small deposit down and am checking the car tomorrow to make sure its all in order, and if its all good I'll be completing the purchase and driving home in it next week! So excited. I'd link but the ad just got taken off autotrader. I should be posting my own pics of it when I get it next week hopefully all goes smoothly until then:D yay!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
just to say hi as a new member myself. u won`t be disappointed when you test drive what you have in mind. All you will be saying is, when can i pick it up please.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts