Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just changed my mintex 1155 pads for mintex 1144 pads and now they don't sqauk and squeek.
My track day last week shagged the pads for good,but mintex pads are quite abrasive ,especially the c-tech ones.
Watch your discs with the abrasive pads ,as they will shave a mil off with one set of 1155 s,and harsh breaking.
I dare say the quaility of disc is appropriate as well.
£ 84.00 fitted front only inc vat.
Also can get locally case of 12 Wynns octane 10|PLS| for £2.82 inc vat per bottle .collected from swindon supplier.
CAR AND TRUCK SPARES transfer bridge ind est ,swindon.for any locals.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a thought, but as someone has mentioned elsewhere. If you use really hard abrasive pads, will they actually prevent warping by skimming the disc continually?? My 1155 rears have eaten into the disc quite a bit in about 500 miles.

Adrian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paul, congrats...man. You must have the only set of 1144's that do not squeak. My set was so bad that they were changed for OE within a month. Then again I probably didn't give it some....or enough!!??

...John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paul - same story as Scottish6
Tell me what you did to the 1144 pads to stop them squeaking.I had a set fitted last week ready for Cadwell on Friday and amp; they are sending me crazy, when braking at slow speeds I feel like the whole worlds looking at me, they really are that bad.I have Black Diamond discs on, perhaps these make the squeaking worse?
Anyone put enough miles and amp; trackdays on the Dragon set-up to tell if they are fully sorted?

Paul.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perhaps I should have read the previous post before asking about the Dragon discs!!!
Anyone going to Cadwell with the dragon discs on?

Paul.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The previous set of 1155 squeeked within a few miles of driving.
I still have 1155 on the rear that don't squeek.
I have started to bed them in quietly ,which I hate ,I will have a gentle trip to Louth tonight and see if they squeek when I get there.
It may be true about the skimming of the disc,I was really supprised at the lip that had occurred at the edge of the disc.I had new discs and referbed calipers fitted around the same time.DO NOT STORE YOUR CAR WITHOUT SORTING OUT THE BRAKES 1ST.
After last weeks trashing of the pads ,they were whaling even at high speed.
The old pads are good for getting the dry skin off the bottom of your feet.

CHEEERS

pAUL S

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.