Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having a good look around my engine this afternoon to familiarize my self as i have only had the car just over a week.
any way i have found a small plug that is not connected and was wondering if it should be or not?
the plug is located on a small bracket @ the right hand side (looking from the front)at the back corner of the engine cover in front of what i think is the secondry air system (jujing by the conections in and out) it is a single wire connection that should be connected to a small round(alliminum) device .
does any one know if this has any thing to do with the secondry air system or not and if not what is it for and should it be connected.
i did concider pluging it in and seeing what happened but i dont want to do any damage.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry i missed that bit out the car is an E6.
thanks hhsix i would like to know wether it is important or not??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From a first look I would say it is a suppressor for the radio but let me check the wiring diagrams.......

Right if this is the thing you are talking about (arrowed).

Then it is this (circled).

It is a suppressor (capacitor) used in the ignition system to stop interference on the radio from the coil.
The only difference you may notice if it is disconnected is a crackle or whine on the radio in tune with the engine revs. It will cause no harm to reconnect it.

Sorry for the late reply but I only remembered at 10PM last night and had to go torch in hand to the garage!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And I thought I was the only one taking pictures of his engine bay at all hours of the night!

Your engine however is quite a bit cleaner than mine HHsix, wouldn’t you say Howard?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, from what Ive seen of PTB's engine, he could go twice as fast if he cleaned all the muck off, it must be adding so much extra weight!

Nice one Chunky!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts