Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had a set of front EBC drilled and grooved discs fitted for a couple of weeks now. They constantly make a very faint noise (bit like the noise that kids' bikes make when they stick a playing card in the spokes!)

The guy who fitted them tells me that this is normal, and that these pads "never quite come away from the discs", which surely isn't right :confused:

Can somebody that has EBCs confirm that they should be noiseless when your foot is off the brake, or is this guy telling the truth?

·
Registered
606 Posts
I had the exact same thing on my p1 when i fitted these brakes :cry:
can get on your tits after a while when your window is down :mad:

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback mikey :)

Just fround a web site full of Americans moaning about exactly the same problem when fitting these brakes to various muscle cars. Guess I'll just have to get used to it :(

·
Registered
606 Posts
I dont think its just ebc ...i fitted some big cross drilled discs on my cosworth and they made the same noise , back then i did not know what it was .....so after thinking it was the wheel bearings and changing them :mad: i knew it was the brakes!!!!!!!!!!!

looks like you will have to drive round with your windows up and cd playing !!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep. Think I'll be ditching them next time round for a straightforward Brembo setup :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts