Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to cure a noisy boost solenoid valve??
For a while now when on full boost it sounds like i have a rat scratching like mad down by the ECU.
It now rattles even on tickover, sounds like i have something loose.
Is it easily accessible?
Cheers

·
Premium Member
22,019 Posts
Anyone know how to cure a noisy boost solenoid valve??
For a while now when on full boost it sounds like i have a rat scratching like mad down by the ECU.
It now rattles even on tickover, sounds like i have something loose.
Is it easily accessible?
Cheers
What boost solenoid are you using, i'm using the solenoid off an avcr, controlled by gems, and mounted it on the rubber mount on the chassis leg, it was ridiculously noisy, fastened it with a cable tie, to 1 of the rubber pipes (boost iirc) and silent now

Stu

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What boost solenoid are you using, i'm using the solenoid off an avcr, controlled by gems, and mounted it on the rubber mount on the chassis leg, it was ridiculously noisy, fastened it with a cable tie, to 1 of the rubber pipes (boost iirc) and silent now

Stu
Hi Stu
i too have the AVCR, i take it it's not that that's making the noise.
The rattling is coming from the same area as the ECU, passenger footwell?

·
Premium Member
22,019 Posts
hmmmmm, the boost solenoid should be mounted somewhere in the engine bay, if it is mounted on a chassis leg or somewhere solid, maybe the noise could be travaling through the car. If you turn the avcr off, does the car run 0.8 bar, that would imply the solenoid is staying closed, and so the noise should dissappear if it is the solenoid.

When mounted somewhere solid, the avcr solenoid is very noisey

Stu

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My solenoid is in the front of the engine bay by the headlight i think.
When i first had the AVCR fitted, i used to hear a clicking noise when on boost coming from the passenger footwell but i don't hear that anymore.
I think the rattle is something completely unrelated.
I will get my mechanic to check it out as it's very annoying :smthumbup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts