Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i let my foot off the gas i get this horrible noise like the sound of the release bearing when worn , when put foot on gas and got tourqe no saound has any one had this troulbe on there evo 1-3 ive checked the oils on the transfer box and gear box i thought it was rthe cams but it still does it when rolling with engine off , could it be the imput shaft ect any idears any one its not the breakes because when u apply them its still there im just hopeing its not the box

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
it won't roll when in gear/no power ...has to be in neutral or clutch depressed
...so can't see how it could be the box, clutch as nothing will be turning e.g. input shaft etc

check the prop joints
check your centre prop bearing...prone to failure
and also CV joints & drive-shafts etc
have you checked the rear LSD fluid levels ?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its def coming from front of car i turned engine off and coasted in neutral and was still doing it, dont think its thrust bearing as dosnt do it standing still only moving when all is moving when u got tourke on ;pulling stops straight away only when u back off acclearartor it seems to be getting louder so jacked it up to day and checked oils transfer box tock abou quater of alitre gear box was full

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i presume the the two oil fillers are the nuts at the front of the box and transfer unit, what are the rubber bungs for on top of the transfer box, noticed a couple on the top of gearbox as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts