Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My speed and km/milage digital disapeared. The rpm and light and everything works. I think when i startet the car with not pressing the clutch damaged it... I dont know excatly but i need to fix this. All fuses are good in the engine compartment..

· S.Wales R.O./Electrician
4,201 Posts
Interesting, the RPM and the speedo use the same 12v ignition feed and earth so if the RPM is working it can't be that.

If just the speedo was faulty, I would suggest the speedo converter or the speedo sensor/drive, but the odometer fault is leading me towards clock pod.

Can you get hold of another pod to test?

John.

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150955774385241&set=o.32903637600&type=1&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150955771175241&set=o.32903637600&type=1&theater

Mine First and one from ebay second. Find the faults...

Here is a picture of the speedo behind. it seems on the 4 row of soldering in the middle second at the top, is melted together two places, and one brown spot in the top missing a soldering. Someone with a 260km speedo that can take a picture of a working speedo to match???

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A new update, i soldered the missing point on the upside row.. and nothing new. When the ignition isnt on, the arrow falls slowly, but when key turned, if drops fast with some "power". Where under the hood is the converter? was it a grey box?

· Registered
4,132 Posts
km cars dont have a converter, looks like the speedo is furbared..now you could do us a HUGE favouran post all of the part numbers you can fnd on the speedo/instrument cluster(should be stamped on it somewhere) so we can order some( i have a jap spec speedo and i want a eurospec one)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.