Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when the suspension on the car became tired and needed overhaul i was offered the chance to try out a new suspension that john at extreme had been working on with a suspension company.very impressed so far.as i understand there are a couple of other cars with this suspension fitted and john and george also have a full track version to be fitted to the extreme evo.given how well the ast 3-way has worked on their car the new setup must be good.i am certainly enjoying the new setup on my car.hopefully the other owners will be along to add to this.nice to see tuners developing product as a result of customer feedback.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Had the new Extreme suspension fitted today and although I have only had the chance to do 20miles or so, initially I am very impressed. The ride is excellent, alot better than the AST's and the car drives like its on its tip toes. Sorry for the poor analogy, but its the best way I can describe it!

Once I've had the chance to get the car out for a proper run, I will be sure to update as things progress :)

Cheers,

Stevie

·
Registered
512 Posts
This suspension is at the moment being tried and tested on 3 customers cars, 3 test cars and our own demo-car for Time Attack. There are 2 version's of this suspension. 2 way adjustable, 3 way adjustable (race kit) with external gas canisters, both kits come complete with top mounts and when released will be a very competitive price.

So far with testing, 2 wheels have broke and with no damage to any of the units and covered over 4500mls in 3 months.

Please do not ask for any technical information on these kits at the moment as testing shall be complete in 6 weeks then we can release spec on them (ie spring rates etc)

Hopefully at this point everything shall come back 100% and we shall then release them for retail sales.

John
Extreme Motorsport

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
How are folks getting on with these Whiteline kits?

I had a shot in Russ's car today and was impressed with the compliance of the 2-way units :D Feels like e.g. 6kg springs F & R or so?

The rear felt totally planted through corners and under power :D

The front was a bit unstable, though - I think Russ had set it to "Astra Spec" damping :rolleyes: I think it would have probably firmed up OK with a few more clicks of damping?

Cheers :)

Rog

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
have found them to be very good.had spanpody(brian) out on the rr day just to let him see how they worked on town roads.would like to see a little more travel for some of our lesser kept b roads but all in all a very liveable daily driver set up that firms up well for a spirited drive.have done 5-6000 on them so far.

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
What settings are you running damping wise, Steve?

I had a chance to try changing the damping and felt that the rear spring rates were spot on, and the damping good, even on softer settings - if anything they could have gone even softer for comfortb settings?

The fronts were less convincing - running at 9 clicks off soft (out of 16), they felt too softly sprung - maybe 2kg extra springs would be ideal? They also lacked rebound damping, even on the harder settings IMO...

Certainly great value for money and only an occasional quiet knock from the rear...

My Teins have far better rebound damping, but the springs are much more harsh for road use... They also knock like buggery now!

Cheers :)

Rog

p.s. Russ's 2.4 GT35R VI is MENTAL :D

·
Premium Member
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rog am about the same on the rear.with the whiteline arb set it to the lowest setting and the rears damped to 2 from soft.the fronts right now are on 2 from soft as well but have been running ao46 tyres which are a nightmare.dry they're brilliant but in the cold and damp far to inconsistant ie grip one turn partial grip next and then grip and then none and so on.its an adventure.i also don't think the hard sidewall combined with the stiffer settings works on our wonderfully smooth roads.soon to go to the goodyear asymetric which i hope will allow me to get more agressive with the damping.have to say though i think they're a very good fast road /occassional track day setup especially when matched with tyres that will work with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts