Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys looking for some advice.

I was driving along and noticed my brake pedal is solid when i push there is hardly if any braking happing then the pedal go's soft and brakes work again.

I am just using stock brembo nothing has been changed with the brakes.

Any ideas any help would be good.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
poss a servo issue or the vac pipe from the manifold to the servo has a valve in it that can play up and cause that sort of problem.

·
Registered
31,032 Posts
If you hadn't said you haven't touched them, I'd have said they need bleeding.

Perhaps air in the system.

Have you cooked the fluid at any point?

My second choice was what John said :crackup:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks John i think that maybe the case. I have checked the pipe for splits but nothing.

No Ian nothing has been touched and has only just come on when out tonight.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Air in the system would give a soft pedal needing pumped, fluid that had gone off would be poor performance but not a hard pedal.

You've got a lack of vacuum, any problems holding boost? Or low poor vacuum reading on your boost gauge?

Check all hoses off the manifold if you're sure they are ok try the one way valve in the line to the servo. I've seen corrosion on servos before that have caused a small perforation so check carefully if there is any rust on the servo.

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
remove the vacuum pipe and just fit a normal pipe with no valve that will tell you if their is a problem or not

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just a thought but have you fitted samco or other silicone hoses?

I had a garage fit a variety of silicone hoses to my S***** I****** which included the vacuum hose - I started encountering braking problems if I stepped on brakes after booting it - turns out the silicone hose didn't have the non return valve in it! :) joy!

Of course old one was disposed of so had to pay full pops for a new one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Change pipe still the same.

I tryed what your saying turn car off pump pedal turn back on still stays solid dose that mean my servo is away?

Nothing has been changed at all just started doing it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts