Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
youve been watching too much fast and furious :D
I too would like to know if anyone has attempted this on an evo yet............tshhhhhh!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did a mingin stinkin fart in my Evo, then lit a match and did a 9.9 second quarter mile !!! amazing stuff.

Top banana

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 4G63 engine is also in the Mitsubishi Eclipse and people in the US Nitrous their Ecplipses all the time.
Well I saw a few in Super Street Magazine.

Isn't the Green Eclipse in Fast and Furious using NOS?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The next question you have to ask is, what would adding nitrous do that increasing the airflow (more boost / bigger turbo) wouldn't do just as well?

Answer: run out

It's also good for decreasing the spool up time low end, as the nitrous will increase the exhaust mass and get the turbo spinning earlier in the rev range.

At least, that's my understanding of the use(s) of nitrous in a forced induction engine.

Derek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Isn't the Green Eclipse in Fast and Furious using NOS?

AFAIK the running gear in the cars used in TFATF was standard, they were just tricked up for show. Oh no, that can't be right, the chap must've had an 8-speed gearbox in it given the sound effects in one of the qtr-mile runs that lasted about 2 minutes..... ;)

Shite film.

And to keep it on topic, I can't see why anyone would want nitrous unless they either only want a qtr-mile machine (like most of our US cousins) or had at least already sorted the handling, brakes etc., NumptyScrub has the right idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.