Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Firstly big thanks to Mat @ MG Autos for sorting a Nitrons GB, and also to Jamie and Pete at Nitron for doing my fittment, corner weight and geo - top bunch of lads.

I went with the Nitron NTR Race 3-ways having had Tein Circuit Master Flex.

I hadnt had a chance to push the car with the Nitrons but my initial impressions are really good. They are much more compliant than the Teins even though the Nitrons are running approx 10 and 11kg/mm spring rates and I seem to have some new found cornering grip although the true test will be when i get my car on the track next.

The geo has been set up the same as I had with the Teins but Im running much more castor (given Nitron topmounts are castor and camber adjustable). I havent even had a chance to play around with any of the adjustments so these things are going to be really impressive once dialled in - to say im pleased is an understatement.

Heres a few pics I took from my phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Nice. Are the Nitrons not inverted at the front? Do you know the shat diameter?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Good stuff, I was interested to see what spring rates were chosen for your car. Is your car mostly a road car?

Can't wait to get mine setup when the time comes :thumbup:

Keep us updated with any progress with them

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
very nice!

Be interesting to hear your thoughts between the 2 kits.

how low did you go?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good stuff, I was interested to see what spring rates were chosen for your car. Is your car mostly a road car?
70% track 30% road. I also use full slicks at the track which is why they recommended the higher spring rates.

·
Registered
36,183 Posts
Mate, you REALLY need to get some of these ASAP!

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=301672

I've bought a set the other day and they are fantastic quality and not expensive. Don't let those nice Nitrons end up looking like your old suspension in that pic.

On another note....Mmmm, I may have to find a few nice bends to compare the speed my hotbits allow me to corner at, and compare the result with the speed Nitrons allow me to corner. Vbox time soon.:)

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hear about 10kgs less overall?
Not sure exactly as I didn't weigh them but Nitrons were noticeably less than the Teins. Teins felt like they were filled with concrete.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Took the car on some slightly damp b-roads today and was damn impressed !!! Ive got so much more grip than I did with the Teins - the car feels very composed and balanced when getting to the limits of grip.

Im off to the track next week so will get some more time to play with the settings but Ive got a great B-road set of settings.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts