Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Well after getting some new 18" White Group N Oz Alfesto's and giving the Evo a completely different look, I decided to get hold of my Father-in-Law with his Nikon D3, a Lens like none I've ever seen before and his monopod....

I took the Evo for a quick wash this morning as living in a rural area it's never clean, which suits the slagged look very well admittedly but wanted it looking it's best for the photo-shoot! :smthumbup

Some coastal B road's on a quite day seemed to be the perfect choice as I've got about 200 photo's that are all truly awesome, but here are some of my favourites.

Let me all know what you think?

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great pics, love the wheels but not so keen on the slagged look. Each to their own though :)
Thanks buddy, yeah the wheels have certainly turned it around!! I'd agree with you in some respects of the "Slagged" look, I personally like the look....but I can't literally go or blend in anywhere; and as far as driving past a school...forget it!!! I've got more point children at that have probably only seen one similar on the tele and now there is one driving past their school :smthumbup

They were also good fun to make, not quite sure what to do with them yet, but a feel a new avatar is first on the list.

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
615 Posts
Excellent pictures - can't beat a Nikon (have a D300).

Slagged look - new phrase for me - is that the stickered look. If so I agree - take-em off but keep the large Black/Silver side decals.

·
Premium Member
8,643 Posts
Some very nice pics there Mark,cars looking good :smthumbup

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I think it needs a few more stickers :lol:

Seriously though mate, it looks :coolsm:, the wheels suit it very nicely aswell. Not my personal cup of tea; but each to their own :smthumbup

·
Registered
323 Posts
youl need to change the speedline stickers on the bumpers n back pillar to oz racing 1s now :smthumbup
looks mint mate :coolsm:

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Car looks very nice mate:smthumbup.I don't know a lot about cameras but if that camera is meant to be good i don't think much of it as the pics don't look that great to me as in quality wise,they look very bland if that makes sense.I have seen better resalts on my panasonic tz3

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
i've always liked this Evo, its slagged look works for me.

and Mark, those wheels are awesome, cracking choice :smthumbup

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice pics, nice car (even with the stickers!).

More effort needed in showing the 423bhp though! :D
Yeah thanks! We played safe as it was the middle of the day, but I feel a set of early evening one's coming up shortly. Due to have pops and bangs, loud exhaust, massive induction kit, he said that the noise the car was making revving out around the bends in third was awesome....begining to wish I'd took the video camera as well. :mhihi:

The technique he used with his camera was a gunning effect, where the focus was set at a focal, point say a corner. Then I stayed at approximately 80 mph to get the speed up and then throw it in to the corner where the 9 frames a second camera would snap a series of action moving shots. This way you could show the natural shift and lift weight of the car cornering instead of having a still photo and then trying to create the effect of movement with photoshop tools like the over used Gaussian blur.

We had good fun making them, and no drivers or photographers were harmed in the taking of these photos :D

Our own camera is Nikon D200 and now I've seen what's possible with these camera, I'm gonna start using our own instead of roping in the family members, I might even take it off auto! :rolleyes:

Regards

Mark

1 - 20 of 65 Posts