Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Missus decided she wants to go away for weekend at very short notice.

requirements:

1) must be within one hour drive of london (at Evo speed thats anywhere on the mainland!) but for the sake of simplicity, the cornwall/dorset area looks nice

2) must be good selection of pubs and restaurants

3) some walky type terrain nearby

4) a hotel with decent bedrooms and spa would be ideal, price not too much of a concern.

5) most importantly - secure parking for Evo :)

EDIT 6) no screaming kids

any help appreciated
Ian

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate - Ill take a look.

if you knew my missus though, the word caravan would make her run a mile. Shes had a spoilt upbringing (rich politicians daughter) and is used to only the finest palaces and boutiques money an buy. Of course, now I have th Evo....a caravan sounds far more like it!

And yes, some of you may be asking why she's hanging out with a common northerner who drives an pimped Evo. ;)

PS: original post edited to reflect distance from screaming children important too!

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
I know you have an Evo but if you think that Cornwall/Dorset can be reached in 1 hour from London, you are sadly mistaken. Dorset is at least 2 hours and Cornwall is closer to 3 hours. Now, if you travel in the middle of the night at silly speeds............ but then againshe will be telling you to slow down!

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Yeah - I think you will be looking at Sussex / Hants to be within the hour.

So what abou the new forest near southampton ?

I also think you are possibly meaning Devon rather than Cornwall as it's closer (but still about 2.5 hrs away) !

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the hour thing is just an ideal. i dont mind travelling further if needed for some top weekend action in some fine location.

I do realise dorset is more than 60 minutes away from london.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts