Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that care, your sensitive medical records are set to be shared with private organisations starting next month and it is a opt-out policy.
What? opt-out.....they've snuck that under the radar :frust:

Many GP's are strictly against this policy (and rightly so) but fear for their job if they don't comply with the "bullying" NHS bosses.

http://www.infowars.com/uk-set-to-sell-sensitive-nhs-records-to-commercial-companies-with-no-meaningful-privacy-protections/

GP fears losing job over pledge to keep patient data private
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/nhs/10618814/GP-fears-losing-job-over-pledge-to-keep-patient-data-private.html

GPs revolt on patient records: Growing anger at NHS plan to harvest private data
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2552651/GPs-revolt-patient-records-Growing-anger-NHS-plan-harvest-private-data.html

But of coarse, this is all about health and not money :rolleyes:

Here is a site to help you in what you need to do to opt out of this BS.

As of January 2014, NHS England is sending out a leaflet entitled Better information means better care (2MB PDF) via junk mail. It is not addressed directly to you as a patient and it deliberately doesn't include an opt-out form. The leaflet says you should "speak to your GP practice" if you want to opt out. This is misleading and could waste your time and potentially waste valuable GP appointments.
http://medconfidential.org/how-to-opt-out/

Reactions: Greeny-o

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
Cheers bro :smthumbup

I've been following this for a wee while. Chunkymark cracked me up the other day when he went to the docs and asked for the opt out forms :lol:

This is the beginning of the NHS sell off. Bearing in mind, it's our parents and ourselves that have been putting into the NHS and then along comes private health companies that'll pay nothing for the good bits they pinch and leave only the bad bits which we'll still be paying for. It's an utter abomination.

This is going one way and that's the way healthcare is provided in America. If you can't pay, you're utterly screwed. This site is full of people who care not a jot that the NHS will be sold off, I wonder if they'll care when they loose their job due to 'progress' and left on the scrap heap to fend for themselves.

Sure, there is wastage in the NHS, most of which could be got rid of by not employing contractors or PFI contracts that are an utter scamola which costs us, the tax payer fortunes paying for building on hospital grounds that cost 100 million to build and then 1 billion to pay back because of the massive interest added to the PFI contract.

But alas, apathy is the new black. People are too distracted by unimportant, trivial matters like who's on celebrity big brother or playing XBox to even take notice. I really do find it heartbreaking that we're being swindled by a bunch of sociopathic crazies who only care about money, but that's the way the national indoctrination system of schooling works, money is god and to hell with anything else.

·
Registered
24,446 Posts
Bloody hell !! thing is I do remember getting a leaflet I just tossed it in the bin thinking it was junk .. cheers for the links

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
It's unbelievable that something like this feels like it has hardly been reported.

Spilio, Tony, do you see any downsides with opting out?

·
Premium Member
10,015 Posts
This is old news , perhaps you chaps should start listening to radio 4 more often ..... there was a programme on this 6 months + ago .

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update

"Patients who have opted out of the scheme will still have their records sent to the HSCIC stripped of identifiers"
So, although not many people seem to know this is happening, even if you do know and you 'opt out' they are still taking your 'private' medical data anyway.

update link
http://medconfidential.org/how-to-opt-out/

·
Registered
383 Posts
PFI contracts that are an utter scamola which costs us, the tax payer fortunes paying for building on hospital grounds that cost 100 million to build and then 1 billion to pay back because of the massive interest added to the PFI contract.
Gordon Brown's PFI shame is the greatest economic scandal in memory IMHO. Quite possibly the most near sighted irresponsible can kicking waste of money. Yet it has hardly been reported, even with the staggering figures such as those involved in the building of the Princess Royal University Hospital.

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
Gordon Brown's PFI shame is the greatest economic scandal in memory IMHO. Quite possibly the most near sighted irresponsible can kicking waste of money. Yet it has hardly been reported, even with the staggering figures such as those involved in the building of the Princess Royal University Hospital.
Gordon Brown is a c**t.

I bundle them all in the same bracket, wether it be Labour, Conservative, Liberal Democrat etc. definitely the PFI gem is yet another validation of the corrupt nature that these people have. They don't work for us, they work for their mates who they've knocked about with at Eaton or Oxbridge whom in return pay into the coffers of the electable to get yet more kickbacks and sweet deals, and the whole thing goes around and around unabated.

Look at what's happening with the police. Little bit by little bit companies like G4s are moving into the back room taking over policing roles, and as I've suggested many a time on here, it won't be that long till they'll take over policing the streets.

PFI boils my blood as it's sucking up money that we pay towards the upkeep of the health and renovation of the NHS and not fill the pockets of fat cats having a jolly up at our expense. As I've said, a hospital wing costs 100 million to build yet in repayments to the contractors it sky rockets to 1 billion, erm, what the f**king f**k? I'm sure you're aware that PFI isn't just involved in the health service. John Major got the ball rolling with the Severn Crossing. The MOD's PFI costings are enormous.

I personally think that we need rid of the people running this country who favour their pals and change the whole system from the ground up for the betterment of the whole of society and not just a select bunch of well healed individuals hell bent on rinsing us the tax payer. There are alternatives out there and have been for centuries and I'm not talking about revolution because that involves violence which I'm dead set against. Peaceful none compliance is the answer which they, the scum have no reply to...

·
Registered
383 Posts
They don't work for us, they work for their mates
Just look at their complete lack of action on their big nom-dom donators. Pay us money to get us into power and we shall let you get away with paying 0 tax. *******s.

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
Anyone see Gordon brown about much? No! Cos he's a **** and he knows people hate him for his crap policies. The PFI's have crippled some health care centres. £500 to rehang a picture using 3 people? Joke!

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
Yes it happens were I used to work. A manager gets a new fancy job as his department was shutting, so has to build a new health centre do all the planning, building plans, solicitors , contractors lined up etc etc ,was about to go ahead but city council put a stop to it as the land was owned by the people of the city so couldn't be built on. It was a gift many years before so it was scrapped as total loss and he kept his job:wallbang:

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
Anyone see Gordon brown about much? No! Cos he's a **** and he knows people hate him for his crap policies. The PFI's have crippled some health care centres. £500 to rehang a picture using 3 people? Joke!
Nah, he's lurking about in the background, as is that creature Blair. It's always worth bearing in mind what that tretureous lot did to this country, but take a look at the mafia we've got now and what they're upto. They're like reverse Robin Hood :eek:

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
The NHS sell off is just a part of the gig. They're now talking about selling off the state pension scheme...

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/feb/09/state-pension-service-privatisation-dwp-plans

Oh, and another little gem is the TTIP. Basically supra national corporations who are beholdent to no government and can effectively do as they please...

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/dec/02/transatlantic-free-trade-deal-regulation-by-lawyers-eu-us

Apologies to the O.P for railroading his thread :)

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
I thought I would comment on this one as I have a "little more info" on this so called opt out clause.

It has been agreed (internally) that if too many people opt out, it will become mandatory with no opt out clause. I kid you not.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Also.. the commissioning arm of the NHS (the bit that pays for the services) will be privatised in 2016.

Something called the Lead Provider Framework - there are 10 spots.

5 spots for CSUs (Commissioning Support Units) who have become "autonimised" (in other words loosely privatised) and 5 spots for private companies. Despite the fact that there is no proof that 5 private companies can actually qualify for the role but 5 spots have been assigned never the less. 33 CSU's down to 5 ... all at the moment public sector..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts