Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ralliart UK will cease to trade as Ralliart UK in the next 3 months, following a recent court battle with CCC. They are currently working on a new name, to be confirmed shortly.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After a court battle with Colt Car Company Ralliart UK has been given 90 days to cease trading as Ralliart UK. Basically they will not be able to supply official UK cars and will not be able to provide manufacturers warranty. Also the lucrative name of 'Ralliart' will be gone and with it the appeal to some evo owners to travel miles out of their way to get the Ralliart name on their service books, not to mention tuning etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Explains the email I got today from Co-ordsport/Ralliart:
Ralliart UK broadens its horizons!

15th March 2002

Ralliart UK will be re-launching its business under a new name, to better reflect its target of being the UK's leading centre for the sale, maintenance and tuning of a wide range of European and amp; Japanese performance vehicles.
This means that whilst the firm will remain the leading UK expert for supplying, maintaining, tuning and underwriting Evolution cars, they can also be recognised for their ability to provide similar services for Subaru, Toyota, VW etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so what the #### does this mean exactly to existing ralliart supplied car owners? surely the warranty situation could not get any worse for me now :(...

does that mean we can service the car at any mitsubishi dealer now? or does it still have to be a ralliart dealer?. or not service it at all ? :(

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Personally I reckon all those who paid over the odds for Ralliart warranty are stuffed, once a company liquidates in any form it legally doesn't have to obligate to any warranty work, as on paper it no longer exists. I think they will lose future customers if they don't look after existing one's.

PS Nows the chance to get rid of those receptionists and replace them with a plant :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BlueEvo,

However, CCC/Ralliart/Coordsport come over as a bunch of cowboys - so beware!
That's a bit harsh and out of order isn't it?

once a company liquidates in any form it legally doesn't have to obligate to any warranty work!
Probably right, I'm no lawyer, but no one has said anything about liquidation (?), rather than speculate perhaps we should wait and see what happens? I'm sure the guys at Ralliart and CoOrd know what they're doing and will do whatever they can to retain existing customers, as they always have in my opinion.

My 2 pennys worth is to wait and see, I'm sure everything will become clear in time

DT

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As usual, the vultures circle and try to spread gloom and doom. A change of name is not a liquidation of the business. The warrantees are with the entity, not with a name. If it was as simple as changing your name to get out of obligations, just imagine what would happen! As for liquidation removing obligations, this is also untrue. On liquidation, all liabilities become payable and creditors are ranked according to certain rules. Warranty holders become a class of unsecured creditors. If there is enough money to cover future warranty claims, then there is no problem. However, if they liquidate the business, they will lose contol of all the assets so I doubt they would go down that route.

I think it is safe to say that unless told otherwise, Ralliart UK and whatever they become called will have the same legal obligations regarding warranties. As has been said above, please don't speculate and alarm people when you have no knowledge of what is going on or have the legal knowledge to pass an opinion.

FAVile

There are some of us who go to Dudley for tuning because they are good, not because of their name. I cannot see why a change of name will change that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As far as I can see it is just a case of a name change for whatever reason. I am sure nothing else will be affected. If in doubt ring 'em up and ask 'em!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The one thing that might change is that if Ralliart UK are no longer allowed to service CCC warranted cars without invalidating the warranty, then your only choice is a main dealer. While there are some good ones, those who have used Ralliart UK because their dealer isn't good might now stuffed!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Obviously Ralliart have tried to spice up the facts by making it sound favourable to them in the email that HeaveHo6 got. Does anyone know the real reason behind this decision?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Simon is right,it really ####es me of when uninformed people start to second guess what Ralliart are doing or what might happen to the warranties.

Dragon you obviously have no knowledge of business,or the Insolvency Act 1986

Ralliart have lost their franchise.They will now have to implement a seamless transition ,into their new trading style.They have had time to put a place their plan,and I am sure they will be aware how important it is for them to retain the loyalty of existing customers ,and have the vehicle to attract new ones.I would assume they will change their name by special resolution to a new name,therefore keeping the same company registration number which makes any transition easier.Dragon a company only goes into liquidation if it is insolvent (And Ralliart is not Insolvent),their are two ways this is achieved,

Voluntry Liquidation.Where the directors instruct a insolvency practitioner to act on behalf of the company,and put the company into liquidation.

Compulsary Liquidation.Where a creditor or creditors serve the company with a winding up petition,which the court grants,and the company goes into liquidation.

To make the statement you have Dragon can be very damaging,as other uninformed people can then spread false rumors ,Chinese whispers I think it is called.

I wish the Directors of Ralliart all the best in these difficult times,and hope they see this situation as an opportunity to take their company on to future and greater prosperity.

AND LETS ALL SUPPORT THEIR NEW INITATIVE WITH AN OPEN MIND....................

Barry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Edited 16th March 2002

FAVile

I am sure that you are well aware of the rules about personal attacks on this forum. You seem unable to to abide by this rule as this is not the first time you have done this. Whatever your personal beef with an individual might be, this is not the place or the time to air them again. I am sure all you will do is open a thread on LancerForums, like you tried to last time. You just help remind everybody why we have been looking at how to better manage this board.

Simon Nelson
16-02-02

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Apology to Ralliart - I had no attention to spread scare mongering rumours, I was only responding to concerns some folks have recently had regarding warranty work.

Waz... - I have a little knowledge regarding business, hence obviously I was incorrect with my Info - so Ralliart aren't going to liquidate but just lose the UK Ralliart franchise.. :(

Still replace the receptionist with plants :D definetly more useful :D :D :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I dare say all will become clear in the fullness of time, but is it the case that RA uk will no longer be considered an official importer of 'UK supplied Evos' If so, does that mean that they now fall into the 'grey' area.

This move is obviously a business one by CCC, who tendered a partnership with RA, who now see it as a good business venture and want all the spoils.

This action will cause nothing but turmoil and debate for months to come, especially as my next Evo was going to be an RA supplied one.

We'll just have to wait and see how it pans out. You never know it might spring another renamed RA service centre North of the border.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Warranty holders become a class of unsecured creditors. If there is enough money to cover future warranty claims, then there is no problem.
Warranty holders per se will not be creditors of the Company unless a claim has been made under the warranty and this claim is unsettled. Since they would not be a creditor, they would be entitled to no distribution from surplus assets on the winding up of the Company. It is not common practise - and I am not aware that there is any legal obligation - for the Company to establish any fund for the purposes of financing any future claims .

... a company only goes into liquidation if it is insolvent...
A Company can be liquidated irrespective of its financial status, including when its assets are in excess of its liabilities. However, there are legal safeguards that will protect creditors (secured and unsecured) on a winding up.

Having said all of the above, in my experience a Company with an established business and reputation such as Ralliart would not liquidate the Company leaving unsettled creditors or invalidated warranties only to commence trading under a new corporate identitity. These types of actions would be too damaging to the goodwill of their business, and this is something that will be of fundamental importance to them if (as they say) they intend to 'continue' trading.

Judging by the e-mail received by HH6 (and this is my intertpretation only), their intent is to simply change their trading name. If this is the case, it will leave the Company (or group of companies?) intact as the same legal entity. Therefore, any existing warranties would retain their validity. Also - and again I am speculating - I wonder if the motive for the move may be because RalliArt do not want to restrict ther business with an exclusivity clause with CCC/Mistubishi? That's the impression I get from the content of HH6's e-mail .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As far as I know ralliart uk stopped being an official seller of uk cars about 18 mths/2 years ago, everything from them afterwards would have been a grey import but prepared and warranted by them (I know there's no difference) It might even have been prepped better or not as the case maybe.

Tony

1 - 20 of 24 Posts